“Beautiful Spanish Hotel with Great Views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Los Cigarrales

Los Cigarrales
Ranked #35 of 45 Hotels in Toledo
NYC
“Beautiful Spanish Hotel with Great Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the old town of Toledo. We picked it because we had a car and did not want to be driving in the old city. The hotel staff was very friendly and it was a nice surprise to have a large balcony with a view of the old city.

They offer free parking and free wifi. we did not eat at the hotel, but it was very busy.

I left my cell phone in the bedding and they held it for me for a week until I could return to pick it up.

A good find!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank lydromero

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

I arrived in Toledo and drove into the centre where the heavy traffic in the narrow cobbled streets meant it was nigh impossible to find anywhere to park and look for a hotel, so I drove out again.
I came upon the above hotel and saw it had parking and a view of the city and river, though at the time of my stay there were huge cranes due to building works in the direct view too.
The reception staff spoke English and were really pleasant, and I settled into a spacious room with dark very old furniture.
The bathroom was spotless and there was a tv but only Spanish programmes.
I had a coffee in the tiny bar downstairs and then spent an hour on their internet, which cost a euro per hour. They had several quiet sitting places and a terrace outside but the constant traffic made that a bit noisy.
I slept very well due to the comfortable bed but the traffic started around 5am which was a little intrusive, I would ask for a room at the back if I stayed there again.
The breakfast was extra but only 6 euros and was the usual buffet of cold meats/cheeses/various breads and cereals, as I am on a gluten free diet I ended up with cheese, fresh fruit, yoghurt and coffee, it was good to have a varied choice, some hotels have only bread and cereals which is makes me avoid their breakfasts!
Would I stay here again, yes I probably would, it was cheap (50 euros) clean and felt very traditional. I think it depends on whether you would want to be right in the heart of things in the city, I prefer a view to the convenience.
Taxis were 6 euros into town and the sightseeing road train goes past the door, but sadly doesn't stop there.
Toledo is well worth a visit, I'll be back!

• Liked — The traditional feel
  • Disliked — the noisy road immediately outside.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Henryhorn
Wroclaw, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

My partner and I had to stay in this particular area of Toledo (Los Cigarrales) for one night and we chose this hotel as the others in the same area were fully booked.
I had booked 2 months in advance and on the day before arrival I phoned up the hotel to confirm. first off all, the person at the phone was very pussy about the arrival time, I couldnt make it before 19:00-20:00 and the person was warning me that they would hold the room just until 20.00 when I was telling her that I was definetly going but that I was going by train from Madrid but still the lady at the phone didnt seem to understand...
anyway once in there, the hotel is ok, very basic, nice from the exterior though...
The hotel is far from Toledo town, definetly need a car, I must admit that the views from this part of Toledo are the best so it is a must to go.
At first I thought that the price included breakfast but I didn't what it makes the hotel expensive for what you get.
The rooms are average size and clean, old furniture, bathrooms are also ok. you can hear everyones conversation from the room which was pretty bad. In the morning the cleaning ladies were shouting in the corridors and moving furniture about. We had some other friends staying that night in different floors and they all complained about the same things.
finally, myt advise is to choose any other hotel located in town but if you have to stay in this area go for something different, there are a few options.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank dimepabs

Travelers are raving about these Toledo hotels