“If you really like the "Cretan" ...”
Review of Museo del Greco

Ranked #17 of 119 things to do in Toledo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Then you'll want to visit this museo. It does do a good job of describing his life's work, etc. but if you want to see more of his stuff mosey on over to the FREE museo de Santa Cruz. Nice architecture also. Then hit the gallo restaurant across the plaza and up a side street.

1  Thank subtropical_ken

Reviewed February 18, 2014

A very nice experience specially the paintings of the apostles in the end of the tour! Worth seeing if you like classical art!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

My college aged son and I really enjoyed this museum. My daughter wasn't too impressed and my husband skipped it altogether. I liked the fact that the museum was small and set in a residence that would have been similar to the type of residence El Greco would have lived in. We visited in January and it wasn't very crowded and there were lots of places to sit and rest and watch a video. The paintings of the apostles were definitely worth the price of admission. It was wonderful to see them so close and in an intimate setting. I liked the fact that I could see pretty much everything in this museum in an hour or so.

1  Thank GinnyJG
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We visited the museum during a day trip to Toledo. Yes, the paintings of apostles are very impressive. However, I would move El Greco masterpieces, or at least the majority of them, from the place he lived. IMHO combining two museums in one does more harm than good.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Go if you are an El Greco fan. The paintings of the apostles are amazing.
The museum features kind of a strange layout--I think the intent is to give you a sense of how El Greco lived but we did not find that successful