Tripadvisor

from $13.22
from $118.67
from $420.28
More Info
All reviews diving course diving experience warm welcome underwater world these guys an unforgettable experience denis equipment instructor fishes exercise theory tenerife play
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2019

The friendly staff were very helpful. We got sorted with our equipment and were able to explore the coast with ease - there was plenty of fish to see only a short distance from the shore. We also booked jet skis with this company which were great fun!

Date of experience: June 2019
1  Thank Joshua J
scubanana-team, Owner at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2019

Great to hear that you had a good time snorkeling in Radazul! Wish you all the best and maybe we see each other again, next time for some Scuba Diving?

Reviewed June 12, 2019

The Scubanana team is super friendly and communicates well. Super support. The fauna is preserved and very beautiful. The club facilities are new and I felt safe. I really hope to return someday. :)

Date of experience: May 2019
scubanana-team, Propietario at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2019

Thank you Rémi for your kind words! We are glad that you had a great experience with us! And we definitely hope to see you again if you ever come back to Tenerife

Reviewed June 6, 2019

My partner and I both tried scuba diving for the first time at Scubanana Dive Centre, and we felt safe and looked after for the entire experience. We have very different swimming abilities -- he is like a fish in water, and I'm most comfortable doggy paddling -- but we were both very happy with the experience. The classroom session beforehand was nice to get to know the instructor, Andrea, and dive master in training, Daniela. Both were very funny, kind, and patient with us. Both had excellent English, and there were no issues with communication at all.

Because I'm not the best swimmer, I was a bit nervous of going out into the water, but you start in very shallow water, and stay there until you feel comfortable using the techniques they've taught you. Andrea and Daniela also guided us throughout and stayed right alongside us even after we left the very shallow water. The first thing you learn are intuitive signals to say something is wrong or that you want to resurface, and the instructors frequently check that you are doing OK with hand signals -- if you're not, they'll bring you back up safely, and you wear a sort of inflatable / deflatable life jacket so you'll float easily at the surface.

I first had difficulty balancing upright when floating at the surface, but Andrea very helpfully let me hold onto him until I figured out how to stay still! I also had some issues getting the pressure in my ears to equalise (important for safety!) but Andrea was quick to bring me back up to the surface as soon as I indicated that there was something wrong, and tried again four or five times, descending in gradual steps, until I finally got my ears to behave. While Andrea was helping me descend safely, Daniela stayed with my partner (who didn't have issues with his ears) at the sea floor, watching a large number of fish swim right by.

When we had the techniques down, we began swimming along through the water with a lot of help from Andrea and Daniela. I was initially a bit intimidated by the prospect of swimming at a depth of 12m, but we descended slowly along rocky outcrops, so by the time I realised we'd gone so deep, it wasn't scary at all.

As animal lovers, we were also very pleased that the team stressed the safety of the marine wildlife. You are not allowed to touch them, as that could be harmful to both them and us, and it's always good to enjoy an experience knowing they don't exploit animals. Perhaps because of the no-touching policy, the fish are very friendly and have no fear of divers, and swim very close -- sometimes it seemed they would bump into us! There are a beautiful array of different fish species, in a rainbow of colours, and we were very entertained by a crab that Andrea pointed out also.

I would recommend this course for anyone that has an interest in diving or marine wildlife, even if you're not the strongest of swimmers. Rest assured that the team treats both you and the wildlife with respect!

1  Thank irelandmaggieg
scubanana-team, Propietario at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Wooow! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with so many details Maggie! We are incredibly happy that you enjoyed and had an amazing experience! Both of you did amazingly! We hope that you keep diving and continue to explore the underwater world

A warm huge from all the Team of Scubanana Laura, Denis, Ubay, Andrea, Daniela and Zule

Reviewed May 25, 2019

While still at home in London, we booked in to try out scuba diving with scubanana because of the fantastic reviews and the clever name :)

Upon arriving in Tenerife we discovered that in fact, our hotel was rather far away from scubanana, I called them and Denis the manager was super helpful! He mapped out how we could get there on public transport and messaged me with the info. within minutes of my calling! The bus ride was amazing, a great opportunity to see much of the island (and the more beautiful north side!)

Our dive instructor was Andrea - he was spectacular. Funny, engaging, helpful, informative, relaxed and organized. We also dived with dive master trainee Daniela and she was the sweetest most engaging and helpful person. Both of us were personally guided throughout our dives. I was pretty scared leading up to this but had virtually no anxiety from the minute we arrived at scubanana.

Scubanana has mastered the art of being a relaxing and informal environment with 100% professionalism and efficiency.

Date of experience: May 2019
scubanana-team, Propietario at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Wow! Thank you very much for your nice review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your time here with us! We definitely hope to see you again!

A warm hug from all the Scubanana team Laura, Denis, Ubay, Andrea, Daniela and Zule

Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with Scubanana. They were very professional, welcoming and explained everything in a clear way. I wasn’t hurried and felt very safe. I do think this was the highlight of my holiday in Tenerife. I’m so glad I completed the discover scuba course. I now intend to finish and complete the open water course within the next year. I can’t recommend Scubanana highly enough.

Date of experience: May 2019
scubanana-team, Owner at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Thank you for these kind words! Highlight of your holidays that's whats animates us do go on with what we do! You should definitely go on and get certified. You will see the world under the waves is amazing, there is sooo much to see all over the world!