Tripadvisor

from $13.22
from $118.67
from $420.28
More Info
All reviews diving course diving experience warm welcome underwater world these guys an unforgettable experience denis equipment instructor fishes exercise theory tenerife play
Selected filters
Reviewed February 20, 2019

I had a terrific experience with Scubanana. I can’t recommend them highly enough. Right from the beginning, there was clear and helpful email communication with Zuleyka. I had a number of questions, some of which were probably a little unusual. She was quick to reply and her responses were detailed and thorough.

This was followed through with what turned out to be a fantastic one-on-one dive with Denis. I initially wanted to do the dedicated stingray and turtle dives, but these are on the other side of the island and take all day. Because of my time constraints, Zuleyka and I agreed in advance that I would stay in Radazul Bay, and this turned out to be a great dive, full of unusual wildlife. The moment we descended I saw a Cuttle Fish. Later, I saw my first Octopus and I couldn’t believe the Streaked Gurnard, which has little legs and wings! (Seriously, Google it and watch the 41-second YouTube video). I loved the way the Spider Crabs moved too. The Nudibranchs were beautiful. I was surprised to read that they are a type of mollusc. To me, they looked more like electric orange roses. Denis told me that people come to Tenerife specifically to see them. I never would have spotted them, or most of the other things I’ve mentioned, or the Scorpion Fish, without him pointing them out to me. Some creatures were in the open but well camouflaged. Others were hiding amongst the rocks, but Denis actively looked for them to share them with me. At times I was surrounded by schools of fish, which was incredibly beautiful to be a part of. After the dive, we had a thorough debrief in which Denis showed me all the things we’d seen in books.

I’m an Open Water Diver and have done just over 20 dives but over a long period of time. Despite doing a PADI Scuba Review course a month beforehand at home, I was still pretty rusty. Denis oversaw my equipment setup and taught me how to use the Dive Computer, which was a wristwatch style. He was attentive in the water and helped me when I was struggling with my buoyancy. He also had some helpful suggestions for improving my technique afterwards. Given that this was classed as a Fun Dive, not training, he didn’t have to do that. He is naturally open and generous with his expertise. I am reconsidering my plan to do the Advanced Certification in the UK when I could come back to study with Scubanana instead. This is partly because it is financially cheaper, but also the whole feel of the place and the kindness of the people.

A few logistics: I arranged to dive at 9:30am on a weekday and there was plenty of free parking on the street when I arrived, but a little less by the time I was leaving, so maybe allow some time for that, if you go later in the day. The building was easy to find and there is now a huge Scubanana banner (added after the Google maps pictures). There is a bakery with good coffee and pastries on the side of the building, for afterwards or if you have anyone waiting for you. There was also a refreshment stand by the dive site entrance, which is about a 3-minute walk from the Scubanana building. Scubanana’s showers were good and hot. The changing area was mixed, but as I was the only diver, it didn’t matter. The toilet cubicle was big enough to change clothes in.

It’s easy to see why Radazul is the “go to” dive site in winter and when conditions are rough on the other side of the island. On the day of my dive, the water was crystal clear and there was absolutely no surge. I was based on the north side of the island, in Taganana, which was an hour’s drive away. I am glad that I booked directly with Scubanana, who have clear and inclusive pricing. The prices on the website are what they charged. No hidden extras: a total of 35 euros. That’s 29 euros for one dive plus 6 for full equipment hire, including a dive computer. The equipment was in good condition. They even took underwater photos of me and sent me a link to download them for free. (Their pictures are substantially better than mine, which are rather blue. Real life was a lot more colourful than what I've uploaded.)

Scubanana are competent and professional people who clearly want people to have a nice time. Denis was as excited about some of the things we saw together as I was. It is obvious that he loves his job - it comes across in what he says and does. I hope to go back and dive with Scubanana again.

Date of experience: February 2019
scubanana-team, Owner at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2019

Wow... don't even know where to start. Well thank you for this amazing review, really nice to hear that you liked the diving so much and I see you are as passionate about the ocean as we are
Hope to see you again for the Advanced Open Water Diver course, which is one of the must fun ones! You will see: wreck diving, night diving, ... whole new worlds are waiting for you
Greetings to the UK! Denis

Reviewed February 15, 2019

As our last time diving was more than a year ago, Scubanana suggested us to combine the two dives we wanted to do with their reactivate program. This was actually very good as we had an instructor only for us, we went through the theory again and did some practices under water. It definitely helped to enjoy our dives much more.
Laura, our instructor was very nice, helpful, and showed us many fish during our dives. We had a great day diving again. Thank you!

Date of experience: February 2019
scubanana-team, Owner at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

Thank you, we are glad to hear that you liked the PADI ReActivate course und you feel safer in the water now
Keep on diving!

Reviewed January 22, 2019 via mobile

Awesome experience and totally recommendable dive center: Very friendly staff, good and thorough introduction covering all the bases. Quality equipment and clean showers/changing rooms. We had one instructor for 2 people. He was patient and really nice and never let us out of his sight underwater. We felt secure every minute of our first dive. This team and dive center deserves 5 stars! Thank you!

scubanana-team, Propietario at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Hi Nike! Thank you very much for your review! We'd loved having you here with us doing your first diving experience! We'd enjoyed with you I hope as much as you did Hope to see you again when you come back to Tenerife to continue your underwater adventure and certified yourself with the PADI Open Water Diver course

Reviewed December 29, 2018 via mobile

I’ve done the PADI Discover scuba diving and I would recommend it to anyone who would like to do an introductory course! The staff and instructors, Denis and Laura, were amazing and explained everything in a clear and simple way making everyone feel safe and comfortable underwater. Great experience!

Date of experience: December 2018
1  Thank MagdaLilFluff
scubanana-team, Propietario at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2019

Hi Magda!

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your first diving experience with us!

We hope to see you again if you come back to Tenerife, and maybe to do the PADI Open Water Diver course and certify you as a diver?

Reviewed December 24, 2018

i came here with my girlfriend and her daughter and friend. We went snorkeling i the bay just beside scubanna. The staff was very friendly and very informative and helped us alot with choosing the right gear etc. We are very novice in the diving appartment so it was very good to meet such friendly staff. I would recommend this to everyone visiting.

Date of experience: December 2018
3  Thank Mickayish
scubanana-team, Owner at Scubanana Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2018

We are glad that you enjoyed your snorkeling in Radazul Hope to see you again, maybe than for Scuba.Diving?