“rude staff, Hotel ok”

Hotel Taburiente
la Palma
“rude staff, Hotel ok”
Reviewed November 9, 2009

How shall I start. Nice hotel but seriously angry at the receptionist who totally ruined my birthday weekend! Her name was Conchi and I have never ever been spoken too in that way she spoke to me and not the sort of thing should be said to a paying client! We checked out after this which ruined my Birthday. Thanks. She spoke to me like a piece of trash who didn't fit into her clientele. I was reading my book in the hotel lobby on a sofa lying on it but with my feet on the floor(there are four or five sofas, so I was not hogging them). She precluded I was sleeping on the sofa and I said that was clever considering i am reading and said again again go to your room if you want to sleep. My reply was I am reading if I want to sleep i will go to my room. Then she asked me If I was a guest well why tell me to go to my room if so. Sorry I have shaved head and don't fit in to your narrow minded logic. Thanks again for everything will never feel like going back and talked to like a piece of rubbish!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for the wonderful birthday .Looks like i am not the first reviewer who had there b'day ruined

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank superone1973

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Stayed here for three nights and found this Hotel which is 3 star to be as good as many 4 star properties I have stayed in.The reception staff are excellent and the rooms etc are clean. Individually controlled air con was excellent as it was 90 outside. The breakfast was fine. The location was good 5 min walk to main drag of shops. Laptop available at reception. Booked thru Bookings.com and got room B&B for 73Euros per night. Overall very good.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Tenerife
Reviewed May 19, 2009

I went up to Santa Cruz from the South of Tenerife for the international dog show and must say for the second year now the Hotel and its staff have been superb. Well done guys! I give it a five star rating.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Me and my partner stayed for 1 night for his birthday, we had been on the hotels website and thought the hotel had a modern, funky look to it.

One of the reasons we chose this hotels was the fact that you had the option for a double or a twin bedded room. We had confirmation for a double via email.
When we arrived and went to our room we had been allocated a twin. We spoke to reception to be told that double rooms were fully booked by a very rude member of staff who couldnt care less. we tried explaining we had booked one of t hem but he just shrugged and said no!!

The rooms are a nice size with very nice bathrooms. I tried to plug my hairdryer and straightners in with an adapter and no plug sockets would work?! Luckily the plug on my straightners with a screw driver can be pulled apart tomake European. One over thing i found nasty was the white stains all over the black chair.

We had breakfast included which was below average, very cold food all round. I dont expect it to be hot at a buffet but not cold.

All in all its not a bad hotel, i wouldnt return again though due to the rudeness of the staff.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank senses28
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Well located, small boutique hotel. Maybe a 10-15 minute walk to the city centre. Breakfast buffet was good. Underground parking was available for €6 a night. Parking on the street was difficult to find, but not totally impossible if you persevere! Free wi-fi was available in the lobby, but from the room I was able to connect to a nearby unsecured network. A few criticisms: I booked online, but never received a confirmation by email. I had to phone the hotel to confirm the booking. I also sent the hotel an email enquiring about parking. Again, they never replied and I had to phone instead.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Spain
Reviewed March 8, 2009

We have just spent four nights at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Check in was quick and efficient. Our "superior" room on the third floor was comfortable, large, recently refurbished, well furnished with separate seating area and with a big en suite shower room. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. The public areas were well furnished and comfortable with a separate small lounge for smokers.
I cannot comment on the restaurants (there are two) as we ate out every evening.
The location is ideal - opposite a very pleasant park and within relatively easy walking distance of the main shopping areas and other points of interest.
We would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a vist to Santa Cruz. The hotel has three stars but I would rate it very close to four stars.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Inmigrante
London
Reviewed February 6, 2009

The Hotel Taburiente is not that easy to find if you're in a car, so best ask them for directions if you are driving in from the airport. It does have a garage underneath which is tricky to negotiate and costs a few euros a night but it's like gold dust to find a garage around here and parking in the street is very difficult. There's a little place you can stop the car to unload but the hotel is on a very narrow street. All the streets are really narrow. No kidding, hire a very, very small car!!!!

So that's the car aspect of it. Outside it looks a bit dull. But they've really gone to town on the interior decor and it's hard to believe it's only 3 star. Nobody to take your luggage etc. to your room but the women on the reception speak English and try very hard to help.

We thought a lot of their clientele must be business. Lots of places to sit around downstairs, and a trendy looking little bar. The bedroom comfortable - the double bed was 2 singles pushed together.... but NO full length mirror! whoa! The reading lights could have been brighter. But generally it was a large and pleasant room.

There's a restaurant in the hotel called GOM. We liked this and thought it was well up to other capital city standards and prices not as high as we expected. Again a nice trendy decor. Breakfast was in a little breakfast bar. It wasn't bad, although the "hot" dishes (eggs, bacon, etc) looked as if they had been waiting around a while. I have had better breakfasts. Coffee was from a machine - urgh!

The place was clean and they had big dishes of free bananas - one of the specialities of Tenerife. The hotel is directly opposite a beautiful park, well worth strolling or sitting in. It's pretty handy for shops, etc. and also the sea. Santa Cruz isn't that big a place. We found it quiet.

Only one negative thing, an item was left behind in a room and the chambermaid acted as if we were trying to get her to give up the secrets of Fort Knox. Really unhelpful and kept us waiting for ages. I didn't leave a tip. But all the other staff were very nice and helpful.

So in general I recommend this hotel. It's value and nice looking, good location, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple