“Stylish, elegant hotel. Great location. Absolutely amazing staff.”
Review of Hotel Taburiente

Hotel Taburiente
Reviewed April 22, 2011

It is only when something goes wrong that you can really assess a hotel, right? We stayed at the Taburiente because of its quiet location, right by city park and only 10 minutes drive from the glorious beach at Las Terisitas. Our superior room cost euro 90 including tax and a fabulous buffet breakfast. The hotel is elegant and modern and the room was large, spotless and comfortable with a lovely bathroom and a tiny wrought iron balcony. The staff were really sweet and friendly and we loved our one-night stay. But when we flew home to Ireland my husband realised he'd lost his brand new iPhone. Lydia at reception was sympathetic. She checked with housekeeping and called me back to say that it hadn't been found. I rang again hours later and asked her if she'd mind re-checking the room in case the phone might be in the safe or under the bed. It was a Sunday so I expected this might take a day but she called back 20 minutes later to say it had been found inside the safe. She was as delighted as I was! I tried to organise for pick up and delivery to Ireland through FedEx and DHL but they would only deal with documents. Conchi, in reservations was, again, incredibly helpful. In the end, Julia at reception said she'd sent it back through the Spanish postal system courier. It arrived this morning, carefully wrapped and, wait for it, paid for by the hotel. We are absolutely blown away by the kindness and care shown to us by the staff. We'll be back!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Skyros2001
There are newer reviews for Hotel Taburiente

Reviewed March 30, 2011

Hotel Taburiente is situated ina quiet neighborhood next to a beautiful public park about 1 km. from the city center. It is a modern business hotel with large clean rooms and a roof terrace wih a small swimming pool and a panoramic wiev of the city beneath. The breakfast exceeds by far what you usually get served in a business hotel. The female staff at the reception are however set on ruining your stay at Taburiente. They were very rude and not at all interested in providing the service you would expect at a fine city hotel.The male night clerk was thankfully quite the opposite.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2010

i stayed in hotel taburiente on a business trip 2 nights and really enjoyed it there. the rooms are really modern with flat screens and a great bathroom with monsoon shower. it is located near the center of santa cruz and sourrounded by lots of good restaurants. however, i would only recommend it for business travellers, since its nowhere near the beach or other entertainment opportunities.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2010

Hotel Taburiente has a great location for the Santa Cruz Carnival -- very close to all events. It is also nice that it is right across the street from a lovely park. It is true that the carpets in the public areas are threadbare, but my room was in fairly new condition, clean and quite nice. Good, ample full breakfast buffet. I would come back here for Carnival again -- I'm just not sure why else one would come to Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Arrived at the hotel that looked if it could do with a lick of paint,inside gave a better impression, rooms clean and spacious. The chambermaid was charming , but as for the rest of the staff they were rude.The dining room was large with a self service buffet that was sprawled out,with no anti bacterial liquid . Although there was plenty of variety of food it was bland and cold hence two microwaves disgreetly placed near the hot? food. I stayed well clear of that , working in the industry I know what temperature food should be held at , and not once did I see anyone check the remperatures, it was a recipe for food poisoning. So I enjoyed salad and more salad with the odd piece of tough steak or rubbery fish. I will never return, shame for the island is beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2009

As a party of four adults,we have just returned from the Taburiente,and overall the hotel is okay,BUT! there are several things that they could improve on.
1 The check in was chaotic,when our coachload arrived,we were queued from the desk out onto the pavement outside,it took ages to clear the arrivals,the checkin staff were slow,and had a complex system of paper shuffeling,and double checks,our room was ready,but the other couple had to wait another hour in the bar before being given their room keys.
2 The food is good,the service is also good in the diningroom,with lots of choice,and with courteous and attentive staff BUT! the food is only luke warm,the soup,the tea and coffee and most of the hot dishes are always just warm not kept hot,no matter what time you go in for meals.
3 The evening entertainment is poor,in fact just about none existant,by 9.30 the lounge
is like the Marie Celeste.We did not expect a full show or cabaret ,but the couple that were supposed to entertain we so poor no one bothered turning up to listen,probably because it was as cold as a morgue in the room,wooly jumper required to sit through
a depressing duo with a keyboard.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

How shall I start. Nice hotel but seriously angry at the receptionist who totally ruined my birthday weekend! Her name was Conchi and I have never ever been spoken too in that way she spoke to me and not the sort of thing should be said to a paying client! We checked out after this which ruined my Birthday. Thanks. She spoke to me like a piece of trash who didn't fit into her clientele. I was reading my book in the hotel lobby on a sofa lying on it but with my feet on the floor(there are four or five sofas, so I was not hogging them). She precluded I was sleeping on the sofa and I said that was clever considering i am reading and said again again go to your room if you want to sleep. My reply was I am reading if I want to sleep i will go to my room. Then she asked me If I was a guest well why tell me to go to my room if so. Sorry I have shaved head and don't fit in to your narrow minded logic. Thanks again for everything will never feel like going back and talked to like a piece of rubbish!!!!!!!!! Thanks again for the wonderful birthday .Looks like i am not the first reviewer who had there b'day ruined

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends