I was working in the El Cortes Ingles department store 2 blocks away so this hotel was ideal for me.
In response to earlier reviews posted by others, I am a passionate non-smoker and was worried about the comment that the lift and rooms stank of smoke but I was allocated a non smoking room and the lifts did not smell of smoke at all, perhaps the Spanish are coming around to the smoking ban!
The wifi is free and I didn't find it slow at all.
I had a room on the 5th floor facing the busy road but didn't find myself troubled by road noise. i wouldn't have liked to have been on the 1st or 2nd floor rooms tho as the road is very busy
There was no noise intrusion from other rooms or the corridor. The room was lovely and spacious and clean, the bed is massive and the air con works!
The staff were helpful, albeit that I am a regular business traveller and I rarely need to speak to them other than to check in and out! On check out they tried to charge me for breakfast I had not had but it was quickly dealt with and with no fuss.
I would agree with others that the hotel is not in the centre of Santa Cruz, it's more in the business district with no typical local Spanish restaurants nearby although there is a shopping centre in the street behind the hotel with a food court where I ate every night, not exactly authentic Spanish or with much atmosphere, but as I said, I travel on business a lot and I'm only interested in getting good food at a reasonable price!
I flew to Tenerife South airport and caught the 111 public bus to Santa Cruz bus station which is 3 blocks away for €6.35.
I very much loved the lifts as they are external to the hotel and offer a great view of the port!
All in all, this hotel suited me as a business traveller but may not appeal to others who are looking for that Spanish feel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Silken Atlantida, located in the new financial and commercial center of the city of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, the capital of the largest of the Canary Islands and on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean. Santa Cruz is an ideal city for walking and shopping, know, love the island cuisine and enjoy the best cultural programming.The Hotel has 144 rooms, which are distributed in 96 comfort, 8 deluxe, 8 junior suites, and a total of 32 rooms on the executive floor "Silken Club." These rooms with great space, light and modern decoration. All offer shower massage, choice of amenities, free safe, free wireless, digital television and double or queen size bed and planta Silken Club also has a separate hall with free Wi Fi internet connection, 24 hours coffee, tea, milk, fresh fruit and pastries, as well as daily newspaper, shoe shine and a pillow menu. A unique product in the capital of Tenerife.The Hotel has seven conference rooms with capacity for up to 400 people, all of them very versatile and equipped with the most modern technology.The Hotel has a Gastrobar where you can enjoy a refreshing suggestive with a selection of wines and champagnes.There is an excellent relaxation area to start or end the day in the hotel terrace where you can enjoy our jacuzzis, saunas, fitness-center or in the solarium, while you can see the best view of the city, likewise, also has ample parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Silken Atlantida Santa Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Atlantida Santa Cruz Hotel Santa Cruz De Tenerife
- Silken Atlantida Santa Cruz Tenerife/Santa Cruz De Tenerife