Occidental Santa Cruz Contemporaneo
Hotel Taburiente(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
$85
$74
  • Pool
NH Tenerife(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
$73
  • Restaurant
Hotel Escuela Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
$74
$66
  • Pool
Hotel Nautico(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
$63
Iberostar Grand Hotel Mencey(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
$129
  • Pool
Silken Atlantida Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
$88
$79
  • Restaurant
Hotel Colon Rambla(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
$81
$69
  • Pool
Hotel Principe Paz(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
$59
$55
  • Restaurant
Hotel Horizonte(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
Hotel Adonis Capital(Santa Cruz de Tenerife)
TripAdvisor
1,220 results
All reviewssanta cruzbeautiful parkspoke some englishsmall pool areaenjoyed sitting on the balconypool closeddown fallnice hot waterlarge pillowsnight holidaycool drinksheets and towelshaving read some of the reviewscity centrethe hotel's restaurantshower roomcontemporary hotel
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was moved here for 3.5 weeks in feb 2012 by my insurance company after my wife needed brain surgery in santa cruise, the room was clean and basic but the food was awfull all meals were geared toward the spanish I could only find cerial or bacon for breakfast and evening meals had to be taken in the bar after 8pm, this was full of spanish with very little seating to be found there was a weekly basic menue for those on half board again geared toward the spanish when meat was on the menue it came raw the chicken and pork blead all over the plate I complained several times and was told that I should ask for it well done, the bar manager was a large bully boy type he made sure all the spanish were served and fed before I was served then I was hurried along as if to get me out of there asap, the meal size was that of childs portions and many times I had to eat out after being fed at the hotel, the nightly atmosphere in the bar was not that of a place that I would like my wife to have to endure, I realise this is was in the city but felt very unwecome in this hotel all in all

Room Tip: The room I had at the rear was fair but overlooked a small courtyard and there was some noise at night from staff who returned from the bar early morning 2 or 3am
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank carl w
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This hotel was the airline's choice, not mine. As our flight was delayed, about 20 passengers were ferried here, arriving at 7 am, with full board paid by the airline as we were staying until midnight. It looks smarter than the Adonis Plaza, which I had left several hours earlier, but there is no comparison in terms of service and actual comfort. The location is out of the way. My room was small and dark, overlooking an interior glass-roofed courtyard. Apart from the people on duty at 7 am, who spoke good English and were helpful, the daytime staff only spoke Spanish and were surly. The one place with natural light and air was the bar with an outside terrace, but they informed me that the tables were booked so I had to perch on a stool. The service was grudging and slow and when the food finally arrived it was so dry and tasteless that I left most of it. I was told, none too politely, that if I preferred bar food to the set menu, it would be chargeable. I later heard that other passengers had been charged extra for milk for their baby. I was very glad to have stayed elsewhere in Santa Cruz and to know that this experience was not typical, as it was not a happy note on which to end my holiday.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank annabel S
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We stayed 2 nights here. Overall, this is a fairly typical modern city centre hotel. Nothing special to recommend it, no real downsides.

Clean, comfotable, reasonably modern, staff friendly enough. As you might expect some street noise at night (this is city centre) but nothing that really disturbed us.

Would stay again perhaps after trying one or two of the other options.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed at this hotel by accident!! Our flights home were delayed and the airline (Monarch) ferried us to Santa Cruz and put us up in this hotel. We stayed in room 314 which was unfortunately above the club which is part of the hotel - it was pretty loud and went on until 2am. I got the feeling that it is pretty much a business hotel so would hope that it would be quieter during the week, but please be aware of the above if you are staying at the weekend.

The hotel staff were friendly and the room itself and the restaurants were very nicely decorated - the area surrounding the hotel was pretty built up so I would imagine that parking would not be easy.

Breakfast was on a buffet basis and you could each as much as you like, but although we were fed when we arrived its not really fair to comment on the food as I would not imagine that it is representative of the food that they would normally serve from their menu.

If you want to go for a walk turn left from reception and this will take you to a park and the main shopping area.

The journey by coach from Tenerife south airport took about an hour by coach.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chris3oct
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The hotel was by and large okay, but parking our rented car turned out to be a nightmare. The streets were packed and the hotel had an underground parking for only 8-10 cars, so getting a spot was like winning the lottery. I am glad that we had a friend who is Spanish because hotel staff knew none or very little English. The room was okay and breakfast okay, too. The location was great and by far the most positive thing. A very nice cafe with excellent tapas was also a highlight.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business