All reviews animation team just returned from a night stay great potential teething problems would love to visit again kids disco mini disco daytime activities negative comments meat and fish lovely terrace staff levels spotless hotel pool area rooms are huge key card siam park
Selected filters
Reviewed March 22, 2019 via mobile

I've just came back from here and I must say I really enjoyed my trip, excellent staff, clean, decent food, what's not to like! I'd recommend this for families as the pool is warmed and it's close to the water park. It's a 10 minute walk to las Americas which is pretty easy to find! All in all I had ab excellent holiday here.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Gara golf and spa with my wife a four star Hotel, the Hotel is lovely clean and tidy, cleaners excellent.
The entertainers very good they entertain Adults and children but on a low budget, the hotel does not spend so much in this area and they need to support the staff and listen to their ideas and support with funds.
Food hall food is average the staff are stretched but they manage but under pressure to facilitate, and hotel was on i/3 full.
I spoke to the owner who assured me they would get transport to go to beach area as Gara is a fair walk even for the hearty walker, no shop on site but again owner insists she is trying to remedy the shop hairdressers and nail bar for the ladies, its only been open 4 months but still has a way to go.
Security need putting on Gara anybody can walk in, that needs to tighten up especially when children are their i give Gara spa and golf 8 out of 10 they loose good staff because they don't support them.
I would return if they amended transport to las Americas and los Christianos staff are friendly front desk helpfull.
A worthwhile stay you are near water park Siam park and outlet, taxi can be 7 euros. Breakfast is good but they can't cook porridge.
Sauna and spa excellent.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2019 via mobile

Just returned from a 7 night stay in a top floor duplex overlooking the golf course.

The room (3100) was huge and kept immaculately clean during our stay. Bathrooms upstairs and down (shower curtain upstairs would have been handy though!!). Large bedroom with huge bed and easily controllable, reasonably quiet air con throughout. Large TV in comfortable living area but only the usual mix of news and a couple of other random channels for UK viewers. Who goes on holiday to watch telly though and the views from our balcony and sun terrace more than made up for it. Toilet did block while we were there though. The maid noticed this and within 15 minutes a maintenance crew arrived and sorted it out.

As per other reviews, great choice at breakfast but we didn’t have any problems with any items running out and the egg chef certainly deserves a mention! Evening meal not so great but I’m a notorious fussy eater. This didn’t stop me from getting my fill in the evenings though and my wife was certainly happy. Typically on offer were meats or fish cooked to order, shellfish, pastas, curried and stewed dishes and a good number of Canarian dishes that only locals could explain what was in them . Large range of sweets and desserts to finish off.

Poolside and grounds very relaxing with no pestering from the animation team to join in the daytime activities. Evening entertainment par for the course with the usual flamenco dancers, magician, karaoke etc. preceded by the obligatory kids disco. However the occupancy level at the hotel was low when we visited which took away some of the atmosphere but the animation team always did their best to keep things moving, without being too pushy or annoying. Special mention to Rodrigo who always made the time to stop and chat every evening. He certainly made us feel very welcome and genuinely cares about the success of the hotel.

Also to Moises, Jesus and Blanca who, despite a ridiculous workload, managed to be polite and helpful at all times.

And this is where the negatives come in. There simply aren’t enough staff to cater for the guests. We didn’t suffer a great deal but we spoke to or overheard a lot of other guests whose holiday didn’t meet their expectations (or much worse) due to a lack of service. This has been a common theme in feedback via Tripadvisor but nothing seems to have been done about it. Other negative comments on different issues have been sorted, e.g. kettles in rooms, breakfast chaos/shortages but staffing levels do not appear to have been addressed. I know people like to have a good whinge about their hotel on here but any criticism about a lack of staff is, in my opinion, justified. The staff themselves are great but they’re being worked into the ground which can be picked up in their general demeanour.

Would we visit again? You bet. Our room was immaculate as were the common parts of the hotel. The location is nice and quiet and a close enough walk to L.A. Get the staff levels right and this place will blossom. Fail and so will the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2019

Stunning hotel, very good value, very clean, friendly staff, perfect location, stunning views. Rooms are huge and very modern, breakfast was lovely with a great choice, beautiful pool and very clean surroundings. They kept grounds like new. Would decimately go again, hoping to book again for October.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank Donna H
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on the luxurious pictures on the website through a third party . I booked a standard suite with a single use with a pool view . Unfortunately when I arrived there the room was like a time warp . The furniture was outdated as was the tiled bathroom .On complaining I was shown another three rooms , all pool views , all with the same outdated furniture . I was told if I wanted the room shown in the pictures had booked I had to pay an extra £10 pounds per night . I was told all pool view rooms were the same . And that the golf view rooms were the rooms that were modernised ( but not the bathrooms). How can such a beautiful modern hotel have such outdated rooms , furniture and bathrooms . I refused to stay in the pool view room and paid the difference . I was given the only golf view room in the hotel ?????which I wasn’t happy with because the bedroom had a wall directly in front but was told that They would move me the next day , which they did The golf view room which I paid extra for still had a outdated bathroom bathroom .

Trip type: Traveled solo