“Volcanic Rock Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Casona

La Casona
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Volcanic Rock Steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

went to this restaurant on recommendation of our rep. Lovely little place with outdoor seating area near the port and looking at the pretty square. Staff were really helpful and attentive, we ordered the volcanic rock steak.. Fillet steak brought to you raw and you cook it to your liking on a super hot volcanic stone! Great experience, and the meat was brilliant and came with canarian potatoes, vegetables and a selection of mojo salsas... All for 16 euros! Would reccommend just for the steak!

Tip, steaks are HUGE so can take a while too cook, butterfly yours through the middle and it'll cook to tender perfection!

• Visited July 2012

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Good pizza but annoyed!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stopped at La casona one day on a trip to the playground in Plaza del Charco as our son wanted pizza. We ordered pizza for my husband and son, a sandwich for the smallest one and I ordered a mixed salad. The pizza was lovely, sandwich well what can you say about that..fine. The salad was tiny so I asked if I could have some extra tomato. That was grand, we ate and paid...cheap as I thought until we got back to our apartment to discover they charged €3 for a coupld of slices of extra tomato!!!! Ridiculous!!! I could have bought a kilo of tomatoes in the supermarket for that! It annoyed me!!! Staff are not friendly either!

Visited June 2012
Kingsclere, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

This is a lovely place, go indoors and enjoy the fountain and candlelight in the evening. Music some nights. Friendly staff speaking English and German if you can't manage Spanish. Huge choice on menu, good value.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Angela E
Frederiksberg, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice location and courtyard, but poor fat food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

My food (wienerschnitzel) was cooked in the friteuse, it was so fat and oily and also not even fully cooked (partly raw in the middle). However my wife had a nice soup.

Visited January 2012
Miami, Florida
“good restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

very nice place to eat the service is the best I will recomended

1 Thank giselaramirez