“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Bishop Auckland
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is our 2nd trip to the Alta Apartments. Read our review from September 2011 when we stayed for a month on our first visit. We returned because of the overall package which gave us all we needed. At special request we even got the same room which was a bonus as we liked the view of the sea and Teide from the balcony. All amenities are within easy walking distance including the Martianez shopping centre, SanTelmo and the Lido. Also there are a few good local bars worth a visit, the Irish bar Molley Malones and the English bars The New Robin Hood and the Beehive. Try Google before you fly or the free WIFI at the Alta to find the locatations, all well worth a visit. If you want to know more about the bars they have their own internet sites.
We had a spacious 1 bedroom apartment with a corner balcony. Furniture was basic but everything that we needed was available except a corkscrew! If you want a decent size cup of tea/coffee take your own cups. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was cleaned every day. The hotel has a small pool which is nice if you can't find the energy to travel too far and there were plenty of quiet times to enjoy it. Overall my wife and I were again very pleased with our Alta apartment experience and will definitely consider a return visit.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveHdy

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
Moscow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Hotel Apartments Alta, located in the city center 200 meters from the sea, near the lakes Martianes. With parking in the center of the trouble, so we immediately booked prior to arrival and place in a car entered the paid underground parking at the hotel, "3" floor. This course sheet. All narrowly on this floor all the inscriptions, only for small cars. All the pillars and walls of the scratches on the cars. Putting the car, went to the reception where we were given keys to the rooms on the 6th floor. Paid parking 5 euros per day and in-room safes 2 euros / day. We agreed that we put on the -2 floor - there is room for maneuver more. After going down, just moved the car on the -2 floor. Rose in the room with things. Apartments with one bedroom, living room combined with kitchen. A bathroom and a balcony view of the right wall of the hotel, left city and the mountains, the ocean is visible between the right hotel. Furniture supported, a sofa with the squeak, CRT TV (remote control, by the way, gave no additional cost, although there is an inscription at the bottom of the TV for an extra charge). Went in front of the hotel Merkadonu bought products. Began to prepare dinner, the first surprise turned the stove, add a little power - knocked out traffic jams. I switch on the panel (he was in the room) switch, an attempt on the other burner - the result is the same. I went down to reception, talking about the problem. Reception up with me check, it turns out four burners working alone. Because it is evening and repairs to do now it is not possible, he offers to borrow a burner, but tomorrow they will make more. Agreed, perhaps, so remote from the TV we were issued without charge.
Linen backed, was a sheet with a hole. Cleaning was carried out, but not every day. Staff responds to comments, friendly. Downstairs has a bar and small swimming pool - they are not enjoyed. Soundproofing of rooms is satisfactory, and sometimes the sounds were heard from neighboring rooms. No air-conditioning, but he did not want the night to sleep quite comfortably with the windows open. Insects were not.
As a place for nights he came to us. Not far to go to the waterfront, where the evening and walked.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank iogan
Cataluña
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

A pesar de que es viejuno, esta todo bastante limpio. El personal muy amable y atento.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank FrateAubets
Norwich, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Have just returned from a week at the Alta, It is pretty dated , had to wait a day for a kettle , Minimal cutlery of dubious hygenic standard, beds very hard and no duvets, Poor lighting in room and when a bulb blew waited over two days for it to be replaced, in the end my girlfriend stood on table (she weigh's less than me ! ) and changed it, The view from our room was of a derilect appartment block, not very inspiring at all and the balcony got no sun all day, The Tv was a total waste of time, However the rooms were a good size and the cleaning staff did a first rate job, I suppose you pays your money and take your chioce,

Room Tip: Check website and read reviews
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mike B

Travelers are raving about these Puerto de la Cruz hotels

York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Our flight was delayed coming in and we arrived very late we were given a seventh floor apartment with what felt like a 'waist high' walled balcony I stepped out for a few seconds and did not feel safe so asked the next day to be moved - The staff were very accomodating and we were move to the 3rd floor, same balcony wall height but I was happier my 3 Kids did not appreciate me barracading them in on the 7th floor! I found an enormous cockroch also in that apartment in the fridge needless to say I lay awake the first night imagining they were crawling everywhere! After we were moved I did not have any more problems - the cleaners came in every day with clean towels and did a marvelous job cleaning up after us -They really did a great job 10/10 - The Pool though small was fine and the kids had it all to themselves most of the time, The pool bar was grand for a snack or a drink during the day. A plate of chips was €1.50 drinks about €1.00 - . I suppose the adage 'You get what you pay for' is true I paid €250.00 for a 2 bed apartment for 7 nights and OK So there was a bit of torn wallpaper behind the couch and the electricity tripped out a few times, the maintenance man came straight away and dealt with it I think I got good value for my euro's.

I had booked flights to Tenerife through Aer Lingus and was prompted by the website 'want to book a Hotel?' I hadn't anything booked and in hindsight feel I opted for the first thing that came around - Price being what was most important to me as we are a family of 5 and I was trying to make it as cheap as possible - I didn't investigate the resort It wasn't what we were looking for. It really dosn't suit a family with Teenagers, there was nothing to do in the evenings after you had had dinner. None of which is the Apartments fault of course! We still found some nice restaurants I can recommend Casa Pablo, Rancho grande, and Cafe de Paris. Meals avg €8.00 sangria €6.50 for 1/2 litre & a glass of wine €1.50 and beer the same. Its a Resort where the Spanish go to Holiday its very quiet.

I think it would be better suited to a Older guests who can enjoy Tenerife at a slower pace.

Room Tip: If your not happy with your room ask for annother the staff are friendly and will try to accomodate...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank YorkshireGal354
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

I stayed 7 nights in Alta with my family (2 adults, 2 children). The night we arrived, there was a very rude receptionist who didn't even say hello to us. When we entered in our apartment, there was a huge cockroach crawling in the bedroom floor! During the first 24 hours, we saw a total of three cockroaches in our apartment, so we asked if we could change our room. Luckily that was possible. Other negative things were the fact that you have to pay for watching TV and there isn't enought warm water.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Sebas440
Leitrim, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

We are just back from staying in the Alta, this was our second time staying there and we certainly plan to return. They have a super location just a short walk from the wonderful Lido and in the centre of everything. The apartments are spacious and extremely clean and well equipped. The only fault we found was there was no air conditioning or ceiling fans and it got extremely hot and humid at times especially when trying to sleep. This was in october, cant imagine what it would be like in the height of season!
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for reasonably priced centrally located accommodation.

Room Tip: High floor corner rooms have great views
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple