“not too bad”

Ranked #68 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Leeds, United Kingdom
“not too bad”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

had room 203 first floor ,very spacious room ,carpets and both chairs had seen better days ,room cleaned alternate days although at one point we didn't have room cleaned for five days, food more cold than hot though varied, desserts sublime . bar casablanca on the -1 floor absolutely abysmal
the area of La Paz is very well kept but it is geared towards the Germans who are not the friendliest of people, the staff at the hotel were ok but they were more adept at German speaking than English,would I go back to the hotel NO ,would I go back to PDLC only for a day. Went to the tourist information in PDLC and even they didn't speak English that good ,I mean it's a holiday resort after all !

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David B
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Interpalace by Blue Sea, responded to this review, January 22, 2015
Dear customer,
We would like to thank you for making the Hotel Blue Sea Interpalace your destination of choice for your vacation. We are truly pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Please be aware that customers’ comments are of great value to improve the quality of the services offered by our company.We hope to have you back in the near future to make sure you have a wonderful stay with us. Sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Northmapton
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Staff could speak English until you complained ,and we did , service , cleanliness of rooms , plastic glasses, and all over ,unless you tipped them $5 .Food was transport café standard only cold. We arrived at 2100 and finally got a room at 2230 ,were them told no food had been ordered .3 room changes, FoH did not have the number of a take away so we went hungry . Breakfast next morning was first food in 18 hours The toast was warm cos we done it , bacon was cold as was every thing else ,but there was plenty of grease on it to let it slide down. Complained about eggs being cold and was ignored .Waiting staff were doing you a favour by serving you ,their social life came first ,if they could they would make you wait another few minutes. I went to bar one night and the barman started to stock take when I got to bar ,this was 2230 at night . Bar shuts at 2400 on the button, when I asked for a beer he said too busy. I would advise anyone going to this establishment ,4 star hotel, haha , to go camping in Wales ,at least the discomfort will be self induced. I complained to Xavier Hotel manger ,who said we could have free wifi and tv for the week ,after I had paid for already . I got money back ,then tv was turned off ,only one English speaking channel .Don't go there

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

5 Thank Jane J
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Interpalace by Blue Sea, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Dear customer,
We would like to thank you for making the Blue Sea Interpalace Hotel your destination of choice for your vacation and for taking time of your life to post this comment on the Tripadvisor website. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience you may have endured during your stay and we are truly sorry that our service did not meet your expectations as we always work aiming towards the customer's satisfaction. Should you have communicated your dissapointment with us our guest service department would have done anything to try and solve the problem on the spot.
Please be aware that customers’ comments are of great value to improve the quality of the services offered by our company and therefore we hope to welcome you in the near future to make sure you have a wonderful stay in our hotel.Sincerely,

Travelers are raving about these Puerto de la Cruz hotels

Buxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

What a disappointment!! Ignoring some of the negative reviews we arrived Xmas Eve all excited got to hotel after 1.5hrs transfer (no rep to guide us) the weather was fab and looking forward unpacking and getting to the pool and beach! We were all inclusive and always had 4* or 5* with excellent reviews. This sorry to say had never seen 3* let alone 4*. We had to wait for our room, which was well over check-in time, food constantly cold and very bland - salad was a great option. The beach no where in sight - except you could pay to go on another hotel's patch! Gala Dinner Xmas Day eve - absolute pants - one set of girls singing to ABBA songs all night and a very unhappy barman! New Years eve we decided not to take the chance and went and found a fantastic Chinese (highly recommended!) We ate out most days - the indoor pool was unavailable, no gym, the outside pool was so cold even children couldn't stay in it for long and if you are under the OAP age forget night life - there isn't any!! Two great bars - Apricot and City - with great lager and watching sports but that's about it. Its also more German orientated than English. Reception staff do not tend to speak English as fluently as German. This hotel all inclusive package didn't do what it said in the brochure - Sorry

Room Tip: Need to request a high floor from level 4 upwards - but really don't bother going! there's f...
4 Thank R4_HNR
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Nothing wrong with this hotel at the price. Spacious rooms, efficient cleaning and all in all what you would expect from such an establishment. And it's very quiet. Worth noting, if such things bother you, that the clientele is predominatly German. Internet costs extra and the staff on reception are not strong English speakers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

5 Thank danwilson
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Interpalace by Blue Sea, responded to this review, December 15, 2014
Dear Danwilson,
As you noticed during your stay, the hotel is located in a very quiet area allowing our clients to enjoy the relaxing time they are looking for. We are truly pleased that you have enjoyed the size of the rooms.
In all our hotel descriptions, we do explain that internet connection has an extra charge in the room and it is free on reception.
We are truly sorry that the impression of the staff members. They are extremely professional and helpful towards all guests speaking a variety of languages including English, German, Spanish and French.
We hope to have you back in the near future to make sure you have a wonderful stay in our hotel. Sincerely,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I checked in around 19:00, was relatively quick although I had to push for directions to my room. The room was very dated with worn carpet, but reasonably clean. The was also a strange, stale smell which I soon got used to. The bathroom however, was excellent: great power shower and very clean.

I eventually found the restaurant ( it also had a smell) but in general, during my stay, I found the food pretty good. Plenty of choice and never too crowded.

In the brochure, it says "the hotel overlooks the beach..." Yes it does, but about 300 feet above it. This for me was fine, I walked down to town and back everyday, sometimes more than once and found it stimulating: lost a bit of my tummy also ☺:-)
Something about Puerto de la Cruz that I wasn't aware of, was the wonderful, huge, crashing Atlantic waves that constantly pound the shore. Along the front, by the row of shops and restaurants, the sea is light with spotlights at night, it is a remarkable sight: see pic below.

It was my first time in the north and I found it wonderful: a little more cloudy for sure, but heaps more character than the south. The waves alone are worth the trip. Also very good shop wise and a few excellent supermarkets.

Now a couple of negative points:
I paid for the WiFi: 6euro a day or 25 for the week. Don't bother! It rarely had a connection and when it did, was like ancient dial up.
Of course, WiFi not essential on holiday, but as a keen photographer I was looking forward to uploading photos later in the evenings, for an hour or so.
I ended up walking down to McDonald's in the evening, buying a coffee and using their fast, free, reliable WiFi :-)
Incidentally, McDonald's in Tenerife, has become almost like an American style Diner, from Happy Days and the Spanish teens seem to like to hang out there and chat.
As I was checking out, I was handed a bill for wine and use of the safe, neither of which I'd had/ used. I explained to the lady that as a recovering alcoholic, I hadn't touched alcohol for years, she was dismissive. I also carried my little shoulder bag everywhere with me and kept valuables in it. Again she didn't seem to believe me. I refused to pay and she stormed off into the back room. This brought a decent trip to an uncomfortable end. I have e mailed the hotel since returning, an apology would go some way to easing my bad vibes towards hotel, but I won't hold my breath.

Room Tip: I was on ground floor, no view but suited me.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank davie49
luton
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a lovely time in this Hotel, The staff were very friendly !!! yes the carpet is threadbare but are you going to be rolling on the floor ??? We spent Christmas at this hotel and found the food to be tasty. We even asked for a room change as we wanted a sea view and they changed us with out hestitaion, although no sun on that side of the hotel ( even numbered rooms).
The only fault was the bad pillows !! We would return.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face the mountain, street and gets the sun Even number have a sea view
4 Thank clarkey1970
Blue Sea H, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Interpalace by Blue Sea, responded to this review, November 10, 2016
Dear Clarkley1970,
We are truly pleased that you have enjoyed with us and that our hotel met your expectations. Your kind words are a great motivation for all of our staff.We hope to welcome you in the near future to make sure you have a wonderful stay in our hotel. Sincerely.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We used this hotel over Christmas. On the positive side, the food was excellent with a great variety and the restaurant staff were efficient and patient. Rooms were well furnished. The free shuttle bus into town was very helpful. We were on half board but it appeared that most people were on an all inclusive basis. The hotel is not responsible for its clientele but some were piling the plates high with food, most of which they left. On the negative side, the carpets do need to be properly fixed. There were dogs barking nearby which was disturbing - not necessarily the fault of the hotel. Most of the clients were mature, mainly German and behaved well. Some of the English clients who arrived later on were embarrassing. Overall, a nice resort and a good quality hotel, a little let down by the failure to sort the carpets properly. We would return to the hotel in future.

Room Tip: High rooms have better views but our was only on the second floor and it was fine.
3 Thank Douglas M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto de la Cruz
Puerto Resort by Blue Sea
#43 of 80 in Puerto de la Cruz
Hotel Puerto de la Cruz
Hotel Puerto de la Cruz
#17 of 80 in Puerto de la Cruz

Been to Interpalace by Blue Sea? Share your experiences!