I checked in around 19:00, was relatively quick although I had to push for directions to my room. The room was very dated with worn carpet, but reasonably clean. The was also a strange, stale smell which I soon got used to. The bathroom however, was excellent: great power shower and very clean.
I eventually found the restaurant ( it also had a smell) but in general, during my stay, I found the food pretty good. Plenty of choice and never too crowded.
In the brochure, it says "the hotel overlooks the beach..." Yes it does, but about 300 feet above it. This for me was fine, I walked down to town and back everyday, sometimes more than once and found it stimulating: lost a bit of my tummy also ☺:-)
Something about Puerto de la Cruz that I wasn't aware of, was the wonderful, huge, crashing Atlantic waves that constantly pound the shore. Along the front, by the row of shops and restaurants, the sea is light with spotlights at night, it is a remarkable sight: see pic below.
It was my first time in the north and I found it wonderful: a little more cloudy for sure, but heaps more character than the south. The waves alone are worth the trip. Also very good shop wise and a few excellent supermarkets.
Now a couple of negative points:
I paid for the WiFi: 6euro a day or 25 for the week. Don't bother! It rarely had a connection and when it did, was like ancient dial up.
Of course, WiFi not essential on holiday, but as a keen photographer I was looking forward to uploading photos later in the evenings, for an hour or so.
I ended up walking down to McDonald's in the evening, buying a coffee and using their fast, free, reliable WiFi :-)
Incidentally, McDonald's in Tenerife, has become almost like an American style Diner, from Happy Days and the Spanish teens seem to like to hang out there and chat.
As I was checking out, I was handed a bill for wine and use of the safe, neither of which I'd had/ used. I explained to the lady that as a recovering alcoholic, I hadn't touched alcohol for years, she was dismissive. I also carried my little shoulder bag everywhere with me and kept valuables in it. Again she didn't seem to believe me. I refused to pay and she stormed off into the back room. This brought a decent trip to an uncomfortable end. I have e mailed the hotel since returning, an apology would go some way to easing my bad vibes towards hotel, but I won't hold my breath.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Interpalace is the ideal place to turn your holiday into a truly unforgettable experience. Located near the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the Canaries with its spectacular beaches, it is the perfect destination for couples and families alike. The quality of the hotel and its beautiful surroundings in a peaceful residential neighbourhood will allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for both nature and culture lovers with the presence of the volcano El Teide and the black sand beaches and with the impressive Carnival de Tenerife celebrations. It is also worth visiting the beautiful city of San Cristobal de La Laguna which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO during your stay. All of the rooms within the Blue Sea Interpalace are designed and equipped to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They have a separate bathroom and a terrace or balcony. There is also a mini bar and a safe (surcharge). During your stay, you can enjoy all the amenities of the resort such as the outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Interpalace by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Interpalace Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Interpalace By Blue Sea Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz