Now, I’m very much a 'you get what you pay for' kind of guy and have written this review to reflect the relatively low price of my holiday package. My partner and I booked through Low Cost Holidays and paid under £500 each for 7 nights all inclusive, including flights and transfers from Bristol Airport to Tenerife South.
Firstly (and most importantly for us) the hotel was very clean everywhere and our room was serviced every day.
The bar was in need of updating and the evening entertainment questionable but I didn’t fly to Tenerife to watch a puppet show so this wasn’t an issue. San Miguel was the 'all inclusive’ beer and there were about seven cocktails you could also opt for.
Bizarrely, the food was some of the best I have experienced in an all inclusive environment with so much choice at breakfast, lunch and dinner time. Brekkie options were buffet style cooked with a selection of breads, meats and cereals. I must say how impressed I was with the daily variety with even the salad bar changing drastically. I recommend the Paella...very nice. We only ate outside the complex twice for a lunchtime snack whilst out exploring.
The outside pool area was clean, offered an outside 'help yourself' drinks and food bar, we always found the pizza fresh and tasty and the drinks ice cold. There is a tennis court and mini crazy golf course next near the pool which residents can book at reception.
TOP TIP: The Hotel opposite is part of the same hotel chain and it has a nice little Spa section which you can you for free. Take a towel and go enjoy the sauna, steam room, Jacuzzi and pool. For info this hotel also has hairdressers in too.
Now, for those of you who don’t know Puerto de la Cruz is located at the North of the island nearby to Mount Teide an old inactive Volcano that looks down on the town. This in a nutshell means 2 things.
1. Puerto has a very individual weather system as the clouds are drawn up the mountains, generally its 2 o 3 degrees cooler than the south with regular rain fall. The cloud burns off in the late morning and re-appears in the late afternoon. That said here we were sat outside a bar at 11:15 at night in Feb drinking cocktails with just a shirt on.
2. Due to the moister climate the town is so much more colourful than the South so walking around the town is lovely amongst blossoming flowers, lush green grasses and hedges.
The North of the island is less commercialised so I found it easier to relax. I get easily frustrated being offered watches, scratch cards and property purchasing opportunities what seems like every few minutes in the South. Sure, you will always get the guys trying to make a living on the street but it hardly registers.
One thing the hotel seriously lacks is information on things to do and places to see so do your research before you arrive. There is a bus that goes to and from town a few times a day from outside the Hotel although we opted to walk into town and Taxi back in the evenings. The walk is a scenic one through streets and shops and takes approx 20minutes in flip flops. Be warned there are 223 steps (my misses counted them) down to the town (not in one go) but the return walk can make you red faced, especially after copious amounts of the red stuff. A cab back is under 4 Euros and worth every penny.
The price of similar day trips varies massively, so I recommend that you gather up some flyers in the town and book on the back of one of them. For example, a tour up the Volcano was priced at 40-50 Euros per person. We paid 12 Euros each which included a Volcano tour, lunch and a boat trip where we saw dolphins and small finned whales! This was part of a sales scheme which they were up front about, basically they take you to their HQ up the road, show you some German bedding for 2 hours and then you day starts. I didn’t buy a bed nor was I ever pressured to but ironically I learnt loads about sleeping properly and am considering buying some new bedding at home!
There is a cable car that goes up the mountain and I would recommend that you did a coach package that includes this.
The beaches in the area are very rocky under foot and I would not recommend bathing in any of them. Sure they look OK, but the water off the North Atlantic makes the beeches rough and with literally thousands of jagged rocks all around in the water its only a matter of time before you get injured. The Hotel pool was adequate and there was also a pay daily pool in the town centre which was 4 Euros/day and well worth the money for a change.
In a nut shell I would recommend this hotel and area. Go Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Interpalace is the ideal place to turn your holiday into a truly unforgettable experience. Located near the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the Canaries with its spectacular beaches, it is the perfect destination for couples and families alike. The quality of the hotel and its beautiful surroundings in a peaceful residential neighbourhood will allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for both nature and culture lovers with the presence of the volcano El Teide and the black sand beaches and with the impressive Carnival de Tenerife celebrations. It is also worth visiting the beautiful city of San Cristobal de La Laguna which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO during your stay. All of the rooms within the Blue Sea Interpalace are designed and equipped to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They have a separate bathroom and a terrace or balcony. There is also a mini bar and a safe (surcharge). During your stay, you can enjoy all the amenities of the resort such as the outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Cancelon, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Interpalace by Blue Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Interpalace Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Interpalace By Blue Sea Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz