just returned from Bluesea Interpalace / aka Hotasa Interpalace July 12th-19th, paying only £360 for a week AI. Flight was good , transfer easy enough.
Yes when we got there the receptionist was not the most Jolly of folks and so laid back he was horizontal but that is def the way of life in the Canaries. We were sent to room 642 and told we could go to lunch which was still being served til 2.45pm.
The view from our room was amazing looking over the water park in Puerto de la Cruz. Room was adequate, beds were comfy and large two singles for a double which i find the norm. The towels and sheeting could do with an update but are clean and smelt fresh. We forgot and then put off hiring the safe but had no problems not using it, even with the some quite high valued electronics in the room. The bathrrom was nice always warm water and clean. The maid was very elusive I think we saw her twice, oh well no tip!
As for the food i can not understand at all why people are complaining, i have been on many an AI and had better but had many many worse. Everyday for breakfast there was almost a full cooked, with fried eggs being freshly done along with pancakes, even british type sausages. Then there was different breads, fruits fresh and tinned (recommend the tinned peaches!!), cereals, pastries, yogarts and hams and cheeses. Juice and normal hot drinks. Lunch and dinner were similar, sometimes they repeated something but there was always plenty of choices. There was large dishes of paella and other one pot meat dishes. large choice of salad. There was normally two meat dishes and two fish dishes, pasta, chips, "Canaries" salted potatoes. At dinner the cook would have a freshly cooked meat and fish which you could have off the grill, pork leg, chicken breast, beef joint to name a few also I had tuna steak, swordfish, cod hot off the grill. Deserts were good, cakes, choices of Jelly, blamange, mouse, rice pudding, fruit again tinned and fresh and at dinner a hot fruit dish. Icecream tubs at lunch and scoop yourself at dinner. Drinks at dinner/ lunch was the same as the AI package minus spirits and coctails.
The AI drinks were plenty, coke, diet coke, seven up, cloudy lemon, orange aid and tonic water, on tap help yourself. Yes this is in Plastic cups but there have not been many AI's that have been anything but. Beer on tap help yourself, there is a large amount of different spirits on offer and surprisingly this is help yourself it is a bit of a guess at what some of these are, but a bit of fun. There is red white and rose wine and a jug of Sangria. There is also a coctail machine near to the tea and coffee machines again all help yourself, we had no complaints in that department!
The entertainment yes was a bit lacking, Bingo and bit of an iffy mainly spanish singer, but we went out exploring the town mostly so we didn't mind. Getting a seat to sit in the bar was always a issue so have dinner early if you want a seat!
The pool was clean although there is no Kiddie section If you have kids I would suggest going over to the Bonaza across the road which has a play area and bigger pool. Gardens were well kept, the sunloungers did get full up quickly and as always you have the people towel saving early, but alot of people just picked a bit of grass we got a nice bit of grass under a tree near the crazy golf, which was lovely for a day.
We went into the beautiful town everyday and had many a different strolls exploring the town and near by countryside. The main route into town is down 230 steps so it is not for people with walking difficulties, unless you get taxis, apparently the hotel does a free bus into town but we never needed to take advantage of it. We used the free train from town to Loro parque, this is a full day we never even got chance to sit down and have lunch and well worth a day out getting the free train back. We also went to Lago Martianez for the day for a change of scenery it was 9euros for the two of us, which includes the beds even though it says you need to pay 150 extra each (i think this is actually for a matress) It was a gorgeous day the salty pools were lovely and cleaning and stunning scenery we picked a spot near to the the sea, so got sprayed intermitantly by the crashing waves which was actually quite cooling and refreshing. All the bars were closed for stock taking so we left a bit early to get some food and drink and headed into town but everyone else came prepared and brought food and drink so i dont think there was issue bringing it in.
The weather is not like it is in the South, we had 2 days of full sunshine in the week and is the norm to be cloudy, due to the near by mountain/Volcano (i dont think the forest fires helped, that we realised had been happening when we got back) however it was still always warm shorts and t-shirt, only one night I put a cardy on! The hotel caters for a heavily mix of different countries and there is alot of spanish and german i think a few polish too, but I wasnt expecting anything else I wasnt going to a british hotel. Wouldn't recommend for young groups just looking to party!
All in all a lovely holiday and wouldnt say No to going back at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Sea Interpalace is the ideal place to turn your holiday into a truly unforgettable experience. Located near the city centre of Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife, one of the largest islands of the Canaries with its spectacular beaches, it is the perfect destination for couples and families alike. The quality of the hotel and its beautiful surroundings in a peaceful residential neighbourhood will allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. Tenerife offers a wide range of activities for both nature and culture lovers with the presence of the volcano El Teide and the black sand beaches and with the impressive Carnival de Tenerife celebrations. It is also worth visiting the beautiful city of San Cristobal de La Laguna which was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO during your stay. All of the rooms within the Blue Sea Interpalace are designed and equipped to make your stay as pleasant as possible. They have a separate bathroom and a terrace or balcony. There is also a mini bar and a safe (surcharge). During your stay, you can enjoy all the amenities of the resort such as the outdoor swimming pool, restaurant and tennis courts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Sea Interpalace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotasa Interpalace Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Blue Sea Interpalace Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz