“Relaxing”

Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Relaxing”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My friend and I spent a wonderful week at the Turquesa no complaints at all. Food choices excellent about 7 per meal and very good food too. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms clean and spacious. Walking distance to Loro Parque which is well worth 33 Euro (3rd visit for me) Entertainment in the evenings very good Snakes, Birds of Prey, Dancing etc. All in all very satisfied with our choice of hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maureen G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
london
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have written reviews before but this I had to tell people about.Firstly we took our 2 grand-daughters aged 5, so from the reviews people said this was a family hotel with children in mind.
wrong. it was a good job the girls could entertain theirselves and they meet some other children (Phoenix a lovely boy) who were equally bored to tears. They keep theirselves amused by running around the empty evening bar were their was supposed to acts or something.(We had to ask for the ball lights and music changed so they could even a dance).
Rooms very basic (daren't leave anything around the ants carried it off.) we were all-inclusive but even so would not cook in these apartnents (my husband remarked it would take him 2 days to have at a standard he would cook there). As people have said the Pool is adequate, no pool bar, no lifeguard, see pictures of lifeguard. Children pool cold. 1 animation lady who did everything and if you wanted the children to go there you had to stay with them. I sent the manager a letter along with the comment sheet as below.

The Manager,
i am writing this as I am sitting in your entertainment sectionm/bar at 9pm with no entertainment and this the 3rd night. Nothing for the children not even a mini-disco so are running around making own entertainment and considering we were told this was a family hotel. I cannot see this. I have filled the comments form in but it does not state what I actually feel about my stay. came with 2 x 5 year olds who were expecting at least to be able to dance, the mini club consisting of colouring the appartus in the club and golf putting which we could have done with them anyway. I feel for the lady who was looking after them was on her own very unfair she was the one looking after all the activites when their was some. Food - what food bland pork, pork rice rice, desserts same cream swiss roll everyday poached fruit no variety for a 4 star I hve never know this I could not even eat their soups tonight I have eaten pate and crackers my grandchildren have had a piece of chicken and crackers I have had to pay again to take them for some decent food. This is just a few points I am unhappy about Considering what I paid for the hotel or the service, staff. I am here till Tuesday morning so if you would like my comments in person I would be happy to talk with you. Regards .......

Well as you would expect they did not attempt to speak to me. which says it all.
Final note on the staff very rude not helpful and unless you were paying (not all inclusive) in cash you did not even get your drinks brought to the table. Take look at photos of lifeguard blind spot with the pool bar, and reading book more often than not. Sorry don't normally complain

Room Tip: nothing to recommend
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank grant1256

Travelers are raving about these Puerto de la Cruz hotels

Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Everything was a let down to be honest :( food was disgusting and same everyday. One buffet restaurant. No childrens food. bland. Sparse all inclusive snacks etc. the hotel was worn, Sooo many extra charges ( including indoor pool !?! And wifi ). No entertainment. Understaffed! Bar staff extremely rude to all inclusive customers. No beach bar. No disco. Early ending all inclusive?!. Not really a kids club. Rooms basic- no mini bar and small. Shower dangerous. Lots of tiny ants in restaurant. Balcony constantly wet from plants above - DANGEROUS. Sun beds worn. Paint flaking everywhere from pool edging and outside of building. Freezing child's pool and main pool. Parasols faded. ...dirty pool area ( never washed down etc ) plants and trees in need of SOS :( Need I go on ?

Basically it's tired, worn, cheap and rude! We were not the only ones with this opinion !

The ok parts were.... Ermmmm.... Chips and Whatever you paid extra for !!!!

Overall- Not recommended at all :( they did not even say 'thank you' for staying or 'goodbye'.

I do wonder how on earth this hotel has had good reviews - am I missing something ??

We travelled as a family of 3 ( ages- 31, 29 and 4 )

Room Tip: Another hotel maybe ?!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank C W
Ferndown, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Room, spacious and comfortable. Restaurant, good meals, and plenty of it. Staff, friendly and helpful. Pool area spacious with plenty of loungers. BUT........... Lily's bar, CLOSED. Pool-side bar, CLOSED. Disco / nightclub, CLOSED. Library, CLOSED. There was entertainment on one night only, all other evenings they just played pop music in the bar. The bar did not serve any food, so we had to go outside the hotel at lunch times to get a sandwich. Overall the hotel could to with a freshen up with a lick of paint. However, the hotel is a short walk to the bus terminal so we could get about easily. Overall, we think that the hotel is only just holding on to it's 4 star rating !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DGM2444
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were a party of 8 adults. This hotel has everything you need -- except for entertainment. There was no entertainment apart from one bird show and two pretty poor snake shows. This didn't bother us too much as we made our own entertainment being a party of 8. It is ideally situated and close to the sea and shops. The hotel is really clean, tidy, lovely friendly and helpful staff. The restaurant is lovely and the idea of bottles of wine, beer and water being delivered to your table by the waiters and waitresses is great. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others so long as they do not want evening entertainment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool as others have poor outlook.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Angela2012698
Finland
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Old hotel with worn rooms. I had back ache because of hard bed. There were mostly older people (all inclusive), ate once in buffet in the evening and that was enough .Food was very bland. Lots of tiny ants poolside and in my room...
Staff was very nice and breakfast buffet was good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank tuijamaria
Ljubno, Slovenia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel was quite OK, staff mainly kind, but they can hardly understand english. Practically, this is a problem all around the island. Rooms are average with big comfortable beds, TV's are very small, 22 inches wide. Bathrooms are nice, showers not so much. We had nice big balcony-terrase with sea view from 3rd flor. The food was quite various but pretty much the same everyday. The cutlery (spoons, forks, knives), plates and glasses were never clean. You could find bits of food and drinks on almost every fork and glass, so we always cleaned it with napkins and drank from bottles. Breakfast was nice and various. Restaurant is self service. In the bar all inclusive drink is not quality. Whiskey is bad and coctails are not effective :)
The pool is nothing special, poorly made.
The reservation clerk I made a reservation with was very poor English speaking, he couldn't give me any basic information, he didn't understand my writing, he asked for data which were already written twice and after all, he booked only one room instead of two. The problem was then quickly resolved at the reception desk and we got the rooms we asked for. We could get all information about activities and attractions at the reception desk.
There is also some entertainment program (cinema, live music on one nigh at the weekends, animal shows, bingo night). The program is more for elderly people as they use 70% of the hotel. The disco in the hotel is open on weekends but it was empty when we entered and the music was quietly playing.
To sum up, it's not much to expect from this hotel.

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher with the seaside view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple