“Great holiday!!”

Hotel Perla Tenerife
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Myself and my partner stayed in this hotel October 2013 for 1 week. We have 4 kids between us so the lack of children (on our child free holiday) was fantastic!! It isn't suitable for kids as others have commented................but I would take the time to find that out before i booked so who is actually at fault??
I found the staff pleasant enough, English not fab but its not England. Hotel was clean and tidy. Rooms had new towels and were cleaned to a very good standard every day. Yes the Hotel was a little run down, not smack next to the beach etc but it charges budget prices, what do people expect these days? Want 5 star?? Pay 5 star prices. Food was lovely, yes a little repetitive but lovely all the same and I managed to have something different every day.
We really enjoyed our holiday at this location/hotel...............we were disappointed to read the reviews on here once we had booked it, please take NO NOTICE.......hotel is of a good standard, staff can seem a little 'offish' but because they don't speak English, in my opinion its the people who write these reviews who are rude and ignorant!! I would never take my children here, it is not child friendly but nor does it advertise itself to be! I would definitely go again!!

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are better................lovely view of the Volcano
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Zoe B

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Some of the reviews for La Perla are ridiculous, I mean it is a 3 start hotel and some people want 5 star. Me and my boyfriend have just come back from a lovely weeks stay, we paid £299 for 1 weeks all inclusive (hotel, flights and transfer) and I can say I was dissapointed.

The staff were very friendly, hotel is very clean the maids are in every day there is no mess around the pool or sunbathing area. As for the moody/angry barman everyone goes on about you must have been rude to him as we had no bother had a good laugh with him and he was very helpful. Yes there wasn't many english in the hotel, but for me that was nice, if I wanted to holiday with english I would stay in england!!

The restaurant was lovely, and at first I was worried being all inclusive incase I didn't like the food but I ate like a king three times a day and was never hungry, the choice was really good and I loved the fresh crisp salad available lunch and dinner, also ask for a glass of wine and they just bring you the bottle and beer on tap for him indoors what more can you ask for.

It is only about a 10-15 minute walk down into the centre and on the beach front, but maybe 30 minutes back as it is quite steep! But the hotel has a free shuttle bus and a taxi was only 3-4 euros.

The only reason I haven't give 5 stars for La Perla is because those cockrels and chickens need rid!!!

I would definatley go back and the view of Mount Tiede every morning was amazing!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the reception side to avoid the cockrels and chickens!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Joibiza
Reviewed December 9, 2013

this was a last minute booking and i was a little concerned by some of the reviews! however on arrival all i can say is what a lovely friendly hotel this is. The food was delicious although some may say not alot of choice but there was definately something different to try each night. The waiters were friendly and the walk to the beach and town is lovely. This is a place i would stay in again.

Room Tip: we had a room that faced the cliff so didnt have a view as such - be sure to ask for a view if thats...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tracey K
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotels is small, very clean and very Spanish orientated. I went with my wife for a 4day break and we enjoyed our stay arriving on 22nd nov.
the hotel is situated on a hill, the whole area is hilly, but didn't bother us at all was a 15 minute walk down to the centre and beach, which is a lovely area with lots of restaurants and shops, instead of the steep walk back up to the perla hotel we got taxis which general costed between €3-5. After reading a lot of reviews about noise, eg cockerels we never heard a thing!
The hotel rooms are clean and spacious, the restaurant small sometimes at breakfast there's a short wait for a table but not a problem, the food was excellent although not much choice what were out we really enjoyed, the staff in the restaurant speak very little English but are friendly. Night entertainment was poor, all in Spanish, and catered for the large amount of Spanish over 50's which was there. Wide variety of alcoholic and hot drinks.
We enjoyed our short stay but not return with our children as wouldn't say this is a family hotel, no entertainment and small pool etc. but all in all very nice 3star hotel very clean.

Room Tip: Get a room on as high a level as possible and on the road ride of hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank marcus s
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We visited this hotel for an all inclusive holiday for one week. We arrived at night ourselves via a hire car so we could get around the attractions and sites of the island. The hotel did have reasonable and clean rooms, which were cleaned each day to a high standard. The staff were very helpful in the bar and on reception, especially the barman with the glasses.
Now for some constructive feedback, the entertainment was aimed at Spanish holiday makers, German, English, Polish and other nationalities were ignored which was very poor considering the hotel is trying to gain more trade during low season. The meals were monotonous and there was not much change or variety which considering the food on offer there could be improved with an inspired chef. The policy of putting lager in wine glasses at dinner is poor as this is not correct or etiquette. The waiters during service were on appearance not attentive to new people entering the restaurant and on a number of occasions we were not offered any wine or drinks as other guests were. Overall the visit was ok although as stated the hotel does have room for improvement. The south of the island would favour the brits and on the next visit we would stay there.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brian M
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We booked into this hotel from Aug 24th to the 30th and we got a call from our agent to say that unfortunately the dates that we had booked were no longer available and the hotel was shut.
We usually go four star with a gym and all inclusive but we thought we would go cheap and if it was no good we would eat out, and walk a lot as we read reviews which said it was on a hill.
We were told they could move us to another hotel which was a four star near to the beach with no extra cost we looked at the hotel and thought this looks a lot better and would have been nearly double the price so we took them up on their offer.
The hotel was The Gran Hotel Turquesa Playa if you want to read my review later.
When we were on holiday we kept thinking about what the other hotel was like and why was it closed, so we walked 5kms one day to find it with our sat nav on the mobile lol.
It took us ages to find but eventually we got there, hot and sweaty, we were so thankful it was closed, it was in the middle of a residential area with hardly anything around but big hills as you will see from my pictures attached.
The hotel itself was on a slop and looked very dilapidated to say the least.
The reviews we read that said you can walk up and down the hill to the bottom in 10 mins must have been running very fast as we walked down to the bottom in 25 mins and we go to the gym almost everyday.
This was a lucky escape for us we will stay with 4 star in future and not op for cheaper.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MandySpain
Reviewed August 24, 2013

great little hotel, me and my girlfriend met some great people there, the bar man was a un happy bloke, the staff were excellent, the food was great, only prob really was the noise, if not the bloody cockrell, the people leaving for home in the early hours of the morning shouting and dragging there wheely bags over the tiled floor, you can imagine,ok its a bit of a walk to the beach, but I like walking , you get to see other places you might miss. I would go again... it was November 2011 when we went

Room Tip: if you get the ground floor, its the exit for the coach, very noisy
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple