Having just spent two nights at your hotel, I would like to offer you some feedback, which I hope you will find constructive.
1. Unlike last year, you now charge for washing up liquid and a sponge. If I had know this, I would have brought these with me.
2. The road just behind the hotel is currently being updated and the roadworks are extremely noisy. Early wake-up calls are no longer necessary, as the workers start operating earth-moving machines and pneumatic drills at 8:00 am. However, in view of the low price paid, we accept this. Perhaps the workers will start even earlier when the weather gets hotter. I note that you have no A/C in the hotel.
3. As you know, your mattresses are relatively thin and hard. Some people like a hard mattress, it is true. However, a plastic mattress cover directly under the bottom sheet, which protects the mattress from incontinent people, encourages perspiration and renders a good night´s sleep almost impossible. You could cover the plastic with a thick cotton mattress protector, so that your guests´s perspiration at night can be absorbed. If you do not do this, I will be compelled to remove the plastic sheet and remake the bed next time.
4. It would appear your old televisions need about ten minutes to warm up. "BBC World" is the only channel in English and when I switched on the TV, the picture and sound were appalling, but later both improved. You could consider upgrading the signal and the televisions. However, I am aware that you are reluctant to invest in the hotel.
5. Your female staff, two receptionists and the breakfast attendant are very helpful and friendly. Congratulations!
6. Some reviewers have complained about the breakfast. We found it adequate considering the price paid.
We look forward to staying at the Astoria next year!
Mr and Mrs IgelEye
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel RF Astoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Astoria Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Hotel RF Astoria Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz