“It's OK”
Review of Hotel RF Astoria

Hotel RF Astoria
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed two nights in September 2012. I should have read other reviewers in greater detail as I may have booked elsewhere. It ended up being a nice hotel and I have no complaints, but there were minor inconveniences.

The location is perfect, the room was large and mostly comfortable. The reception staff are great, but I find it a bit inconvenient to ask for the key each time I wish to enter my room, as I went in and out a lot depending on the activity.

I made the same mistake as others of trying to find street parking for 20 minutes before learning of the underground garage. I had reserved the parking in advance, so it wasn't a problem once that was sorted out.

I prefer sleeping in a much cooler temperature, so with no air conditioning, the fan and open window were inadequate for me personally.

Internet access is only in the lobby, so not only was it warm to sit there for any length of time, it was not private so Skype was out of the question for me.

Overall it was a nice hotel and enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank clingermanml
Samuel R, Community Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at our Hotel. Your opinion is very important for us, because we can improve our service. Our purpose is to make you feel as if you were at home.

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We have taken note about these things that we should improve.

It would be a pleasure to welcoming you in the future. If you are planning to come back to Puerto de la Cruz, do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel has a great location from the beach in the nice area of Tenerife for the good price. Also hotel has a freindly staff and clean rooms. However, there is no view to the ocean from the balcony. As well hotel missing air conditioner, that makes it very hot to stay in!! Now there are some road works going on, so it is very noisy in the morning..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Samuel R, Community Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Jekaterina,

Thank you very much for sharing your opinion about your recent stay in our hotel.

We are happy to know that you like our hotel, althoug we feel a little bit frustrated because we have not met completely your expectatives.

We do not offer views, even you cannot book a room with views, because we have a very good location in the city center of Puerto de La Cruz, and we are surrounded by buldings.

The council of Puerto de La Cruz, who is fixing a street in the back of our hotel, will finish in the next days. We apologize, if they have caused problems with noise. They start at 10 in the morning for not disturb the guest in the sourroundings.

There is a ceiling fan in the room, and the big windows that you can open in case the temperature would be high.

In case you want to come back to Puerto de La Cruz, it would be a pleasure for us to welcoming you.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Well first things first. my family and I only stayed here for 3 nights.........WISH WE STAYED THE WHOLE TEN DAYS HERE!

The service is awesome.

The room......AWESOME!!

The Location.....AWESOME!

the parking......I HATE IT......had to do 3 trips around the city almost just to figure out that the parking is under the hotel but you cant find it because there is no parking sign. so let me state this for future travellers......stop at the hotel desk and ask for the parking clicker and they will walk you to it. the parking is like 8 euros a day i think.

The city or Puerto de la Cruz.......In my opinion....the best city on the entire island! one down side...the beaches there are rocky.....but have no fear a 30 minute drive and you are at the best beach on the entire island....Playa de las Tereistas(spelling) just north of Santa Cruz.

I have nothing bad to say except the parking situation. but this hotel is ranked the top 5 in Puerto de la Cruz. I think that is unfair...it should be higher. Please if you decide to stay at a hotel this is a great selection. ofcourse i didnt stay at any other hotel (in this city) but I loved the Astoria.

Room Tip: the restaurant and the fitness center I didnt use so I cannot say they were bad. so I clicked excell...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SFCQ2000
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank yoy very much for letting us know your recent experience at Hotel Astoria. It is a pleasure for us to read such a nice comment like yours. We feel very happy to know that you have spent a good stay with us.

Thank you for recommending us, as the first choice if you are searching a hotel in Puerto de La Cruz. We work very hard and our purpose is give to our clients the best possible service.

As you say, the parking is down the hotel, and the price is € 8. The information is in our web page, but it is true that there is no signal on the street.

We would like to welcome you again. If you are planning to come back to Puerto de La Cruz, do not hesitate to contact us, and we will help you with your hotel reservation.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stayed at the Astoria for a week in one of their studio rooms. What a great choice we made! The room was big with a useful kitchenette including fridge, hob and microwave plus crockery, pots & pans. The hotel is kept spotless and our room was cleaned and beds made up every day. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The outdoor swimming pool is small but the water was warm enough to swim in (unlike the outdoor lago pool down the road which was freezing when we were there!). The hotel is very well located around the corner from the main promenade, near to lots of restaurants and shops, including a supermarket around the corner. There's a car park at the hotel but at a price. Finding a spare parking space on the roads near the hotel is like searching for gold. However, there's a free car park down by the harbour which is about a 10 minute walk away. Top tip - the entrance to the hotel is on Enrique Talg (and not Calle de Hoya).

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and found it quiet apart from the mornings when the town would wake up...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank edels
Samuel R, Community Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2012

Dear Edels,

Thank you very much for kind review. We are glad to know that you like our hotel, and that you have spent a good holidays with us. Your opinion will encourage other travelers for choosing Hotel Astoria. We work very hard for giving you the best possible service.

We would like to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a pleasant hotel, with friendly and helpful staff. It was pretty clean, the room was spacious, and we enjoyed the heated swimming pool. We also found the location to be very convenient, and the hotel parking was very useful (there would have been no other place to park the car close to the hotel).

One thing I didn't like was the large amount of noise made by the neighbors (TV, singing, loud talking, children playing on the corridors after 10 PM). We were too tired to mind it, but it would have been a problem otherwise. After those people left, it became quiet.

As a conclusion, I would probably come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: The swimming pool is on the second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnaTodica
Samuel R, Community Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2012

Dear Ana,

Thank you very much for reviewing your experience at Hotel Astoria. We are glad to know that you like our hotel, and that you spent a good holidays with us.

We always try to make you feel as if you were at home, and give you the posibility of a good resting. We apologize, because sometimes, there are some elements that we cannot control, and disturb your quietness.

We would like to welcome you in the future. Do not hesitate to contact us, if you are planning to come back.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

Pros:
Good central location near beach; lovely, friendly staff; very clean; nice little rooftop sun area and pool; concerts on two evenings per week in the bar area downstairs (which is otherwise closed).

Cons: Noisy (I don't know if it was just our room, but the plumbing was terrible and we could hear everyone else have a wee - and more!) plus noise from the street outside (we bought ear plugs to sleep); basic accommodation - studio apartment had no kettle, no sofa (so watched TV sitting on bed), TV old and only two English news channels and no DVD player etc. Not much hot water - enough for a shower, but not for a bath.

Verdict: I want to be fair - it wasn't the most expensive and it is central with lovely staff, but the noise level was not for us, and to be honest it felt a bit like staying in a hostel. If it helps, I'd say it's the standard of a Travelodge in the UK, plus a nice pool and roof terrace. We had a ground floor studio, so maybe rooms on the upper floors are quieter?

Room Tip: Personally I wouldn't go for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BigKnit
Samuel R, Community Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment. It is the way to understand your point of view and your needs. We work very hard to improve all the negative aspects and with your review, you will help us to get this purpose.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back and have the opportunity to meet your expectations.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

It's not the fanciest hotel I've stayed (and certainly not the most expensive) but clean and great location. A few reviews I've read mention the friendly staff, and they really are. They will get a smile on your face even if you didn't choose a good restaurant that day or had to park miles away. I'd certainly stay there again.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Samuel R, Community Manager at Hotel RF Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Dear Colin,

Thank you very much for your kind review. We enjoy reading a your comment. We work very hard for getting our purpose, which is to make you feel as if you were at home. And we try to fix all the possible defects.

We would like to welcoming you soon.

Do not hesitate to contact us, and we will help you with your reservation.