“Excellent every year!”

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent every year!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We visit this restaurant at least 5 times during our 2week holiday every year because the food is excellent. Guaranteed meal quality every time. Fab for meat eaters - we always have steak, chicken or the best schnitzel ever! Sandra & her team are always really friendly & down to earth genuine people. It's worth walking up the hill for!

• Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Best Schnitzel Ever!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Id read good reviews about this place and decided to pay it a visit, however, my google maps was playing up and I couldn’t find it! Disappointment!! A few days later I passed it with my friends, but having looked at the menu they weren’t impressed and didn’t want to go in – one was a vegetarian so I vowed to come and try it alone the next day. Finally a day later I managed to sit down and order. A few of the menu items didn’t really appeal to me, some curry’s with fruit in etc, but I really liked the sound of the schnitzel special with creamy mushroom sauce for under 10EURO – there are a lot of Germans in the resort and I felt it was worth a punt seeing the good reviews I had read already. I went in and spoke to a young German fella, obviously the owner, very polite, organised and clearly passionate about the food he makes. I was the only one in the restaurant, and as I waited there sipping my cold beer in the sun I heard this aggressive banging sound emanating from the kitchen – my schnitzel was being made to order!

As it arrived, Daniel, placed it in front of me and confidently said “it’s the best schnitzel ever!” ….he wasn’t wrong! I sat there, eat schnitzel, drank beer, schnitzel drank beer, and melted. It was perfectly seasoned, the meat juicy and tender and the breadcrumbs crispy; the mushroom sauce was perfect, obviously cooked from scratch with fresh cream and tasty mushrooms. This was honest good food, made with love and done right – the dish was simple, but no corners were cut and that’s why it tasted so good. Most other places use frozen schnitzel and freeze dried mushroom sauce – Daniel makes his own and he's proud of it …you can taste the difference!

• Visited July 2014
“Nice restaurant :)”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Very nice restaurant with a wide variety of schnitzel. The service is very good and the staff very friendly. For vegetarians there is not a lot to choose from but i can recommend the small mixed salad and grilled spargel for all non-meat eaters ;)

Lower Largo, United Kingdom
“A Winning Combination.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Oliva is directly opposite the Botanic Gardens thus offering good views from its outdoor terrace.
This is a small , unpretentious and informal place which is made special by the brilliantly caring and charming service from Scottish owner Sandra.
In addition the food is carefully cooked and well presented and special requests are happily accommodated.
Excellent Montaditos e.g. chicken curry with coconut , fillet steak with Brie and red currant sauce and mini lamb burgers with yoghurt and cucumber sauce can be shared to offer a variety of starter sized portions.
There are a number of Schitznel dishes and the most expensive main course is top quality, well sourced fillet steak served with sautéed potatoes and salad at 14 euros.
Desserts are mainly home made and the intensely flavoured lemon flan with vanilla ice cream is to die for.
A small but carefully chosen wine list offers good value.
This is easily the best and friendliest restaurant in the La Paz area and booking in advance is advisable.
Well done Sandra ....your natural Scottish charm and good ' patter' coupled with good food and customer care have led us to list you in our Top Ten places to eat in Puerto de la Cruz.

Visited June 2014
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Nice little restaurant”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Good food and service, limited seating might be advisable to book in busier times. Lovely helpful staff happy to cater to specific needs.

Visited June 2014