Arrived on holiday day in Canaries to find our booking for 2 rooms was not in their hotel system. Took some time to get through the queue but eventually the "manager" (not sure - he wasn't adorning the yellow and blue outfit other receptionists were wearing) said we could stay for one night and he will take my cc details to cover one night if booking doesn't come through the following day. However, we like others had to wait on rooms being cleaned and made up. It was 2pm.
Made use of the terrace, which was a lovely sun trap and ordered 3 piña colada's from the downstairs pool bar. Best cocktail on their menu- didn't rate the caipirinha later in week!
Rooms - 1 double and 1 single both with private balcony over looking pool and fab view of Mount Teide. Top floor. Double was adequate. Single room was huge but next to the lifts so quite noisy and people passing on tiled floor could be even more distracting from sleep at all times of night. Bed was like a slab of concrete tho, took a couple if nights to get into sleeping on it!
Food- a variety for breakfast from cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurts, hams, cheeses, croissants and honey too! Then the omelettes cooked fresh with also fried eggs and bacon available from cooking station. The best part - champagne served up too! Evening meal as on half board basis- buffet again but always a variety of meats, salads, hot plates with rabbit (first time to try and was amazing I had seconds!) to white fish dishes. Also cooking station with different meat, chicken to fish available every night something different. Wine around €6 a bottle as it was on special - do check by the door as you come in for the wine selection on table with prices.
Pool- great size, tepid and lots of loungers. A real little sun trap down there as it could be a bit breezy out of the sun when walking around the town centre.
Location- about €150 return for private airport transport from South, used resort hoppa. Approx just over an hour depending on the speed of your driver- there he was going like a bat outta hell and a leisurely trip back to airport. Hotel itself is up the hill, and takes about 15-20 mins walk into town to the ocean front. Taxi about €5 to return up the hill if feeling a little less energized. Quiet location so nothing really around, 10 mins to nearest bar/restaurant strip towards botanical gardens- which is lovely in evening all lit up. Supermarket is about 6 min walk from hotel - one up the hill and one on way to Botanical garden. Didn't use their shuttle but it does run into town and back - timetable available from reception.
Would stay again if I were to return to Tenerife. Never stayed in a hotel anywhere in the world where Champagne has been available to help yourself to for Breakfast! Nice little treat :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- diverhotel Tenerife Spa & Garden is located in a quiet and luxurious residential area of Puerto de la Cruz, very close to the Botanical Gardens and 2 miles from the artificial lake and swimming pools at the Martiánez complex. It is surrounded by a spectacular tropical garden of 3.7 acres and it offers stunning views of the Teide, the Orotava Valley and the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your diverhotel Tenerife Spa & Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacanaria Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Hotel Playacanaria
- Diverhotel Tenerife Spa & Garden Puerto De La Cruz