We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in February 2012. On arrival the hotel had no room reserved for us. Despite presenting the hotel with a printout of our confirmed reservation from Travel Republic they refused to allocate us a room, stating that they had not accepted the booking request from the agent (it turned out later that they had no rooms of the type we booked available). After an hour and much hassle they eventually allowed us to use the phone to call Travel Republic and shortly afterwards we were allocated a suite for the whole of our stay. We were not impressed with the way the hotel reception and management handled this problem, particularly in regard to communicating what was going on.
The suite we were initially allocated was quite nice, but being on the ground floor near the bar/entertainment area was very noisy. We later moved to another suite further away from the bar and that was fine (suites 1-5 are nearest the bar, 6-9 are further away and have a better layout). Apart from that, the food was reasonable, although not up to the high standard we have experienced on 3 previous visits to the Canaries. Drinks prices were reasonable, especially during the two happy hours. Lunchtime bar snacks awful. Very nice outdoor pool and gardens. We thought the spa was expensive, as was use of the room safe (about £50 for 2 weeks). Evening entertainment was mediocre at best (for ‘Casino Night’ read ‘Bingo’, for Carnival Night’ read ‘Fancy Dress Competition’!) Staff mostly OK, but with one or two exceptions not as friendly and helpful as previously experienced in the Canaries.
The majority of guests were Spanish, with quite a few Germans and just a handful of French and English – hence don’t expect much information to be available in English (only 2 TV channels in English - one news, one asian). Most staff just had a basic level of spoken English.
Despite several requests during and after our stay we never received an explanation from either the hotel or Travel Republic for why no room had been reserved for us, so we won’t risk using either organisation again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Sea Costa Jardin & Spa is located in a quiet and luxurious residential area of Puerto de la Cruz, very close to the Botanical Gardens and 2 miles from the artificial lake and swimming pools at the Martiánez complex. It is surrounded by a spectacular tropical garden of 3.7 acres and it offers stunning views of the Teide, the Orotava Valley and the ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Sea Costa Jardin & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacanaria Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Hotel Playacanaria
- Blue Sea Costa Jardin & Spa Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz