This hotel is like the "curates egg" good in parts.
Terrific location in centre of resort overlooking the lido & ocean.
Helpful friendly staff
Lovely gardens & pool
We had nice, north facing, balcony room on 11th floor - we prefer the cooler side
Regular changes of sheets & towels etc.
Lots of choice at breakfast - bacon could be better, though.
Lunch & Dinner - all food nicely presented. Great salad bar (see below for hot). Omelette bar offered at all meals
Very poor first impression - atrium windows very dirty. Noisy street vendors on hotel property at the front. Foyer & bar area grubby - needs fresh paint or a good scrub, including the furniture (this shouldn't need pointing out).
Dining room - lots of choices, often not hot enough and lacking taste. The less is more principal should be applied in the kitchen - fewer choices better prepared & seasoned.
Bar service intermittent
On the whole we liked this hotel and might go back, as the location is unbeatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Las Vegas could not be better situated: directly at the sea, in front of the Martinez Lakes and with views of Teide mountain. Furthermore, it is located in the very centre of the city of Puerto de la Cruz. The hotel was recently renovated in 2004 and has 261 rooms on its 13 floors. The hotel has a heated swimming pool, children's swimming pool, miniature golf, table tennis, pool, petanque, sauna, beauty salon, coffee bar and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Catalonia Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Catalonia Las Vegas Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz