This hotel over all is good value for money.
The hotel is in a beautiful location. It is right in the centre of Puerto De La Cruz. Its 5 minuets walk from one of beaches and next to a lot of the beautiful restaurants and bars.
An important thing to know about the hotel is that it isn't for younger people. It mainly caters for Spanish OAP's. Myself and husband are in our 20's. I used to live in the area so knew what to expect but it could be an unpleasant shock for other younger couples.
Up on arrival check-in was fast and efficient. The staff on the front desk were polite and friendly. They were always on hand to answer and questions and issues. They handled situations very well considering they had some VERY difficult guests!
The rooms are basic. clean, equip but over all basic. The beds are 2 large single beds pushed together to make a double. They were clean and comfortable. The bathroom was an average size with all the things you would need (bath, shower, hair dryer and a few toiletries such as mini bars of soap and small shampoos). Our balcony was facing the sea 10 floors up. It gave us beautiful views of the Lido in Puerto De La Cruz.
The hotel offers rooms facing the sea or facing the mountain. The sea facing rooms do not get any sun but do have fabulous views. The rooms facing the Mountain get all the sun but they over look a night club called JOY that does have music on till late. Due to its central location there is music from the bars and the streets below but it usually dies down by 11.
The hotel as a whole is very clean. The pool area is small but well kept with a pool side bar. The drinks at the bars are a reasonable price especially during happy hour.
We stayed on a half board basis. The food was great. I am a self confessed fussy eater but I managed to eat well every morning and night. The quality of food is fantastic with giant prawns and different meats to be grilled to your perfection.
When I was reading reviews about the hotel I noticed a complaint about the cereal dispenser, I can only assume its been fixed as I had no problems with it. The staff were competent and efficient.
All the staff in the hotel are very nice and eager to help.
over all this hotel is good and in a prime location.
I would be happy to answer any question you have on this hotel or area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Las Vegas could not be better situated: directly at the sea, in front of the Martinez Lakes and with views of Teide mountain. Furthermore, it is located in the very centre of the city of Puerto de la Cruz. The hotel was recently renovated in 2004 and has 261 rooms on its 13 floors. The hotel has a heated swimming pool, children's swimming pool, miniature golf, table tennis, pool, petanque, sauna, beauty salon, coffee bar and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Catalonia Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Catalonia Las Vegas Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz