My boyfriend and I decided to leave the rain in the UK and head off to hot and sunny Tenerife. We didn't want to go to the typical English resorts in the southwest of the island so decided on Puerto de la Cruz. After reading so many bad reviews for hotels included in package holidays, we decided to book the hotel and flights separately, but with the same online travel website. We were on a tight budget of around £400 each for the flights and hotel, and this hotel was one of many that ticked that box; what was different, however, was the shinning reviews people had given Catalonia Las Vegas in comparison with other hotels in the area.
They were right.
The staff were very pleasant and went out of their way to help us with any problems - such as finding somewhere to park the hire car (not easy in P.d.l. Cruz - recommend the large free car park at the fairground, an easy ~10 min walk along the coast through the old harbour town). Both the communal areas and rooms where very clean. But the best part was the evening meals: themed every night with choice for even the fussiest of eaters (i.e. my boyfriend)- French, Spanish, Oriental, Italian, Eastern Mediterranean, Canaries, Tex Mex.... it was all delicious and still hot (a bonus for a buffet). The breakfast had a wide range of choice too. There is a nightclub poolside of the hotel, but we didn't really notice it and the views to the Teide on a clear morning were more than worth it.
Overall, thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and if we ever return to Tenerife in the future we know where to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Catalonia Las Vegas could not be better situated: directly at the sea, in front of the Martinez Lakes and with views of Teide mountain. Furthermore, it is located in the very centre of the city of Puerto de la Cruz. The hotel was recently renovated in 2004 and has 261 rooms on its 13 floors. The hotel has a heated swimming pool, children's swimming pool, miniature golf, table tennis, pool, petanque, sauna, beauty salon, coffee bar and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Catalonia Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalonia Las Vegas Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Catalonia Las Vegas Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz