My girlfriend and I have just come back from 7 nights at the H10 Tenerife Playa hotel in Puerto De La Cruz. We paid only £350 each for 7 nights half board and were really surprised at how nice the hotel was.
Some of the reviews I have read said the food was rubbish and slop. THIS ISNT TRUE! I am quite fussy at what I eat as is my GF and there really was something there for everyone. There was a wide range of foods for the different nationalities that visit the hotel. Mainly Germans, Spanish and British. The food was always kept hot; any anything that hadn’t been touched for a while was always taken away and replaced.
Breakfast was cereals, bacon/eggs etc, fresh fruit, bread meats and cheeses etc. You could eat as much as you like, making as many trips as you like. Coffee, tea and juices were also included for breakfast.
Dinner was a selection of meats cooked in different ways, fish, salads, just about everything you could think of. Dessert would be ice cream, cakes and pastries, custard and a variety of other things. Anyone who complains really wants to move into the real world. If you paid for breakfast, and dinner everyday at a local restaurant and could eat as much a you wanted you would pay for food more than you would pay for the entire holiday at the H10 hotel. The standard of food wouldn’t be any better either!
The location is great, you are right on the beach although its quite small and the sea is quite rough, although it was February. There are plenty of shops locally and everything is quite accessible should you have a buggy or wheel chair. The lagoon opposite the hotel is lovely, with lots of pools and sun beds. It costs around £2 per day to use. However the hotel pools are very good. There are plenty of sun beds although they do get reserved by guests placing towels on them in the morning. But there always seem to be plenty. There is also a sun terrace on the sixth floor with sun beds. There is also a nudist terrace on the tenth floor if you like that sort of thing. Don’t let this put you off. Its not in your face if you pardon the expression
The hotel bar is very good. The measures of spirits are more like doubles, and are genuine brands. The cocktails are good too. Happy hour is 5pm – 6pm where you buy one drink and get one free. Just remember if you want two Jack Daniels during happy hour, just order one. If you order two you will get four. Cocktails and Champagne are not included as you would expect, but happy hour proves very popular.
Our room was quite small, but very clean, with everything you would expect. There is a safe which costs around £10 per week. A TV with a couple of British channels to keep you updated. A hair dryer and towels etc. You do get the use of towels for the sun beds by the pool, which is good.
When we were at the H10 it was mainly occupied by older couples but I think its just the time of year as they are getting away from the cold winters in the rest of Europe. Not that I had a problem with this, they were all very nice and everyone got on very nicely. There isn’t really much entertainment at the hotel to speak of, but you make that yourself I think. To be honest we really couldn’t fault this hotel, the staff were nice and helpful. It decorated to quite a high standard. Although looking at some of the reviews some people expect the Ritz Carlton when the pay for Holiday Inn. We will definitely return to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz