As a couple in our 30s we were looking for some reasonable rest and relaxation in early sept, but still in a resort with a bit of life.
The hotel itself is in a good seafront location and is well presented, clean and comfortable. Food was plentiful and varied. Our room was spacious but at the back of the hotel above the bar and looking out onto the road which was disappointing and noisy. (A room with a balcony was another £200, excessive given the already costly weeks half board price tag) Our double room was two very uncomfortable single beds pushed together n the shower wasn't the best. Cleanliness was to a good standard. The pool area was nice, although a bit of background music wouldn't have gone a miss. Towels provided and lifeguard always present. Pool was a bit chilly n weather overcast thought our stay (apparently this is typical for northern tenerife) but still pleasant enough.
The thing that really let this place down was the entertainment. There is a strong 'saga' feel to this hotel and everything is clearly geared to the older guest..the organ and ballroom dancing in the evening was tedious to say the least and the professional shows very poor. Daytime was French bowls and archery and had the same following day after day.
Thomas cook were non existent..even on the 70 quid transfer to the resort to which they jus put us on a clapped out minibus and said if we needed anything we would need to ring the office. The driver spoke no English and we had to change to another bus half way on the journey that would make it up the steel hills.
Overall, it's a great, clean, well maintained hotel but a little too quiet for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz