We stayed at the Tenerife Playa for a week in January and found it to be very comfortable, clean and welcoming indeed. The champagne at Reception on arrival was a very welcome touch, especially after a long plane journey, then a mini-bus from the airport. I have noted some negative comments about one particular receptionist who seemed rude, but I found her very helpful. Her manner was indeed a little 'brusque' but she had very good English and had a good knowledge of her job. I don't think she intended to insult anyone, it is just her manner. Certainly a smile here and there would have been welcomed especially by new arrivals. The male receptionists were cheerful and the older one (I didn't get his name!) was more than helpful when we needed to visit a dentist late on a Saturday evening. He made various attempts to contact a dentist but none available at this time of a weekend. He did, however, contact a chemist and explained what we needed, called a taxi and we eventually got sorted.
We found the people of Puerto de la Cruz to be very friendly and this also applied to the staff in the hotel, from the waiters to the cleaners. There was a wide range of food available and sometimes we had to queue for a table, but not for more than a few minutes. The restaurant is buffet service, so it is to be expected that people will be wandering around from place to palce, deciding what to choose. Those who do not like this system might be better to opt for hotels with waiter service. We did not have a problem, everyone got fed in the end and it was easy to talk to other guests on either side of us, if the language was not a problem. The waiters do a very good job here also, they are very busy as it is quite a large dining room. Quite a mix of nationalities catered for in the hotel, amongst them German, French, English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh.
The pool area is beautifully surrounded by lush gardens, and there are plenty of sunbeds
both around the pool and in the little areas in the sections behind the garden area. Towels provided free, just keep the little cards you get at Reception on arrival, and present them to the staff at the pool.
The bedroom was a sufficient size for two people. The beds were very, very comfortable, firm (the way we like them!) and extra blankets were also available in the wardrobe. The shower had great power, so no complaints there. Only negative side was the balconies were not 'screened', no privacy from either side balconies. We had a gorgeous view out over the lido and the sea, which was rough and was enjoyed by lots of surfers. It was a lovely scene to watch. Pity the weather was not so kind to us. But the town of PdlC is lovely to walk around and the old town in particular provided lots of character and atmosphere.
We found a great Irish pub up near the harbour gates, Molly Malones - great music and songs and full of all nationalities.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. It is in great position, opening out onto the promenade which has pedestrians only.
Certainly a very relaxing week was had by both of us and a big Thank You to all concerned at Tenerife Playa!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in northern Tenerife along the coastal town of Puerto de la Cruz, the H10Tenerife Playa stands in a prime location on the pedestrian promenade in front of the famous Lago Martiánez, just 50 metres from the sea. The hotel’s complete facilities include swimming pools, a varied array of dining options and meeting rooms for any type of event. In addition, the hotel now offers Privilege, Exclusive Rooms and Services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your H10 Tenerife Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Tenerife Playa Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Tenerife Playa
- H10 Tenerife Playa Puerto De La Cruz