This was our fourth trip to Puerto de la Cruz, but our first time at the San Felipe. The San Felipe is a very good hotel in a central area of town. It is within easy walking distance to shops, bars restaurants and the Lido. It is located on the ocean front, overlooking the small 'surfers' beach. The Martianez Shopping Centre is immediately behind the hotel.
Rooms at the front of the hotel get an unrestricted ocean view whilst those at the rear get the pool area, the Orotova Valley and Teide (if it's not too cloudy). We were at the back (13th floor) and had also had a partial ocean view to the right side.
The rooms are a bit small, but the bedroom areas have been redcorated recently. The bathrooms are still a bit tired looking, though. The balcony area is spacious and enclosed-so it's very private with no distrubances from noisy or nosy neighbours.
There are two pool areas-one specifically for children. The pools are well maintained and there are daily activities. The beach/pool towel system is a bit odd and complex though. You pay a refundable €10.00 per person deposit at reception and recieve a voucher. You give this voucher to the pool staff who keep it throughout your stay. You then collect the voucher at the end of your stay and get your money back from reception. It seems a bit long winded for a towel!
Food is buffet style and there two additional restaurants on site. We didn't use them but we heard very good reports about them. The buffet food qaulity varies according to the chef on duty. Generally, the female chefs did a better job than the males! We stayed half-board but there is in all-inclusive option for about €25 pp per day.
Guests also have access to 3 x half-hour sessions in the spa pool. This is really nice and well worth a visit. Other facilites-jacuzzi, sauna and massage- incur a fee.
Overall, the hotel is convenient, clean and well maintained. The spa is great and all the hotel staff were friendly, courteous and helpful.
We would definitely go back to the San Felipe and recommend it for couples and older guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 1 pool 1 children's pool Terraces with loungers and sun umbrellas Subtropical garden Towel service (deposit required in reception) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court 1 buffet restaurant and 2 a la carte restaurants 3 bars Meeting and convention room Golf courses: Real Club de Golf de Tenerife (20 km from the hotel) - Buenavista Golf (45 km from the hotel). Rooms 261 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with views of the sea or Mount Teide and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: Queen size, king size or 2 twin beds Air conditioning Fully-equipped bathroom: bath tub with shower, hair dryer Bathroom amenities Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Iron and ironing board (available on request) Minibar Safe (additional charge) Sitting room ( Junior Suites) Balcony or terrace Wifi (additional charge) Wake-up call service Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children (4-12years) Evening Mini Disco Balloon twisting or face painting workshops Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Internet in the hotel lobby (no additional charge) Postal and fax services Car park (subject to availability) Pharmacy Laundry ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with KIPPIN S.A Lussemburgo Cadempino Branch, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia Principe San Felipe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe San Felipe Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- San Felipe Hotel
- Bahia Principe San Felipe Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz