I've just come back after spending 8 nights with my partner. We are aged 19 and 21, who were looking for a nice relaxing break.
I will firstly discuss the rooms. We were lucky enough to get one of the rooms by the pool, rather than in the main building. The rooms are spotless with a lovely bathroom. The furniture is very basic with a tiny TV, although I wasn't bothered as I don't go on holiday to watch TV! The balcony was very small with chairs and a table. After visiting many hotels, having sun beds on a balcony are more appreciated, but isn't an essential. There are two single beds pushed together, which many hotels have now, but is annoying. Overall, the room was good with immaculate cleanliness.
The next aspect I would like to highlight is the food. Many have applauded the food, however we found the food to be of very average standards. I had a piece of steak which had been cooked in the fresh cooking section, however it was literally like chewing leather and I could not chew it! We met another couple who agreed regarding the standard of the food. I stuck to pasta nearly every day. The food was very repetitive. Also, the service at the buffet restaurant is TERRIBLE. You have to wait AGES until your plates get taken away and to be asked for another drink. On one occasion we had about four used plates waiting to be taken away and tried to get another drink for about twenty minutes. I ordered some eventually and they never turned up! Also the older male waiters are SO grumpy and were even telling off one of the younger male waiters off in front of us which we found really uncomfortable and we felt sorry for the guy. I did wonder if they were grumpy and rude to us because we were a younger couple, but elderly couples also told us that they had received the same treatment. One thing I HATE is rude staff especially as I work in customer service and know how to treat customers with respect, whether they are old, young, all inclusive or half board.
Another aspect that I would like to highlight is the entertainment! Oh my gosh! Carlos is on nearly EVERY night and is a terrible singer and sax player ! I felt like I was in a cheap and tacky social club! Then some awful guy on a keyboard was playing which topped it off! The only good entertainment nights are the falcon show and snake show, but even with the snake show, you could hardly hear the lady and had to wait ages until they took the snakes round the whole room.
I would like to mention that the pool area is really impressive and the pool was stunning! I also really enjoyed aqua gym, which made up for the terrible small gym that they had.
Also we were SHOCKED that you had to pay just over two euros a day for the safe! What an absolute joke ! Also to have a few drinks in your mini bar is 16 euros ! And they try to charge nearly 50 euros for a massage. I don't think I knew anyone who used the massage parlour due to the expensive prices. If you are all inclusive you should get these things discounted!
Overall I had a lovely holiday, but the hotel needs some improvements and it would be an amazing place to stay. They need to firstly sort out their rude older male staff and entertainment! It really has the potential to be 5 star quality and if the management wanted to acquire this, then they really could by improving all the aspects that their customers keep asking for! It was good for a weeks holiday, but I wouldn't want to have stayed longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 1 pool 1 children's pool Terraces with loungers and sun umbrellas Subtropical garden Towel service (deposit required in reception) BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, tennis court 1 buffet restaurant and 2 a la carte restaurants 3 bars Meeting and convention room Golf courses: Real Club de Golf de Tenerife (20 km from the hotel) - Buenavista Golf (45 km from the hotel). Rooms 261 rooms including 4 types: Standard, Standard with views of the sea or Mount Teide and Junior Suite. Junior Suites are larger than Standard rooms. Room facilities: Queen size, king size or 2 twin beds Air conditioning Fully-equipped bathroom: bath tub with shower, hair dryer Bathroom amenities Satellite TV Direct phone line (additional charge for external calls) Iron and ironing board (available on request) Minibar Safe (additional charge) Sitting room ( Junior Suites) Balcony or terrace Wifi (additional charge) Wake-up call service Children Bahia Scouts Children can enjoy a range of specially-tailored facilities: 1 Children's pool Mini Club with daytime activities for children (4-12years) Evening Mini Disco Balloon twisting or face painting workshops Babysitting service (additional charge and prior booking required) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Internet in the hotel lobby (additional charge) Postal and fax services Car park (subject to availability) Pharmacy Laundry ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Bahia Principe San Felipe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe San Felipe Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- San Felipe Hotel
- Bahia Principe San Felipe Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz