“Lovely apartments - great time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parque Tajinaste Apartments

Parque Tajinaste Apartments
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto de la Cruz
Parque Tajinaste Apartments
Ranked #50 of 80 Hotels in Puerto de la Cruz
A TripAdvisor Member
“Lovely apartments - great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2005

As a little background : this was my first experience of Tenerife having previously been to Fuertaventura and various Med resorts. My wife and I are both early 30s and looking for somewhere warm (this in January) with decent food, relaxed bars and maybe some good walking.

The apartment we had was a studio with beds that fold up into the wall to give more space, however even with the beds down the apartment was very roomy and the kitchen was well equipped with good oven and large fridge-freezer. One thing to note - although there is a filter coffee maker there was no kettle in the apartment.

Our apartment overlooked the road rather than the pool but did have a small private patio/garden area with sunbeds and table and chairs, however being north-facing and in January this didn't get any sun so was of little use to us at this time.

The shared facilities amount to a very nice garden and pool in the centre of the triangular complex with views of Pico el Teide and also the Jardin Botanico. There is a small bar and mini-supermarket (emphasis on mini) by the pool, and there is a sun terrace above the bar.

I would only have two real grumbles - as mentioned in another review there was a definite mustiness to our apartment - possibly as it was January and maybe hadn't been used recently, and also having a north facing flat it was a little dark throughout the day and cool in the evenings as there is no heating (although plenty of blankets were provided).

The staff were all very friendly and courteous and it seemed that the management are doing quite a bit of work in terms of redecorating the place and tidying up the gardens although it never felt intrusive.

In terms of location Puerto de La Cruz is very picturesque and certainly more lush I expected however also very steep! The apartments are actually in the La Paz district above the town proper and beaches/Lido and it is a very stiff 20 minute climb to get back to so for those not so fit a 2.5 euro taxi ride is probably the order of the day.

La Paz is a quiet and "upscale" area with a number of supermarkets, restaurants and bars although these are predominantly German so Erdinger is more prominent than Carling (which is no bad thing in my view), however for some this may be a bit of a culture shock if you are used to resorts aimed at english tourists ! Note that this is the quiet end of a quiet town so definitely not a 18-30 resort (again - no bad thing). There are a few english pub style bars in La Paz and the main town offering the usual Sky Sports for those of us who need to keep in touch with the world of premiership football.

The Botanical gardens are literally 30 seconds walk from the apartments are well worth a visit, and walks along the clifftops offer spectacular views down onto Puerto de la Cruz and along the coast. The main town is an old port and so doesn't have much in the way of natural beach - there is one man made crescent shaped beach on the east of the town which seems popular with sufers and sunbathers but not casual swimmers/paddlers as the waves were quite big. To the west of the town is a more traditional beach and there is a large lido in front of the centre of the town but at the time we were there (early-mid Jan) it was undergoing a lot of renovation work and looked like it might be out of action for a while.

Plusses :
Large apartment, good facilities, bars restaurants and supermarkets all close at hand. Main town centre very traditional Spanish. Weather ideal for the time of year.

Minuses :
Hard work getting to and from town centre, La Paz caters mainly for german market, north facing apartments seemed a little dark and musty.

Overall I would go back to both Puerto de La Cruz and the Parque Tajinaste although probably for another winter break. If I was looking for a summer beach holiday I'd aim for something in the main town, or to be honest I'd probably pick somewhere other than Puerto de La Cruz with more beach.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2003

Loved very much this resort. (after we complained about the first apartment that was on front of the hotel overlooking the main road.) We asked to be moved to back overlooking swimming pool, lucky there was an apartment available the next day. My advise to any one going here make sure you are put at the back, the front is very dark and dingy, and the first one we had was in my opinion very shabby with a rather nasty odour. Staff were exellent, from the manager to the barman, gardeners, maids ect, even though they did not speak much English they were very friendly. Yes would go again if I could book at rear by pool before I went.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2003

Firstly, UK tourists should beware. Do not take the option of the studio apartments. They are no better than a youth hostel, with single beds, and they are right next to the road. Nearly all the Brits that we met were given these apartments before complaining.

My family of four upgraded to a 2 bed bungalow immediately on arrival, for approximately 180 pounds for the week. I would recommend this as the bungalows are beautiful.

We had a couple of toddlers, and were disappointed to find that there were no facilities at all for the kids. The pool doesn't even have a shallow end. In fact Puerto de la Cruz itself isn't great for kids. The much vaunted Lido doesn't have any slides or kids areas, other than a single small shallow pool. This resort is more suited to the "Saga Louts" in my opinion.

80% of the guests are German, and this is reflected in the area around the hotel. More bratwurst than Hamburg. If you want local cusine, try the small Canarian restaurant opposite the German zebra restaurant.
Also, El Meson, tucked away in the small shopping area 100 yards from the hotel is superb for a relaxing tapas and a bottle of wine. Good value pizza in the Bar Europa directly opposite the Apartments.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
west mids
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2003

My husband and I went to Tajinaste in February this year and I went with my cousin in April. My husband and I are booked to go again next March, all trips have been booked direct with the apartments. I have been to Puerto a dozen times and stayed in some wonderful hotels and some not so good. This was our first self catering holiday and we enjoyed it tremendously. It was very relaxing and peaceful so if you are looking for a wild time it is not for you. There are some excellent restaurants around if you look, certainly not all burgers and chips places as found by the Twickenham lot. The Zebra restaurant is excellent, there is a good Chinese behind the Melia hotel with lovely views, and there is a restaurant at the end of the main road in the La Paz area whose name I cannot remember but whose food is first class, and they do the most wonderful English pancakes. The only trouble I had in the apartments, I am embarrassed to say, was due to an English family in the apartments behind ours, whose lads were fond of playing football IN the apartment at 10 o' clock at night. Why didn't they go to Playa??? Othere than that the apartments are clean, well maintained, very attractive to look at with the original Canarian-style balconies, and the staff are helpful and pleasant. I would definately recommend it to anyone looking for a bit of peace and quiet and a relaxing time.

8 Thank mandy6981
Kent, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2003

Just got back early this morning from a 14 night stay at the Parque Tajinaste and I just have to post my comments right away because it was such a lovely place. I cannot believe the comments made by the person from Twickenham below as we encountered none of the problems they mentioned - in fact it was all quite the opposite! The apartments and surrounding pool/garden area are beautiful. Top marks to the guys that run the place and all the staff because every single one was friendly and chatty. Even the security guard! Although there is a board with pool rules - they are merely the normal stuff you would expect from a decent hotel but saying that, there was no lack of kids enjoying themselves, kicking a ball around and making the levels of noise you'd expect from excited kids having a good time! So all I can assume from the treatment our twickenham friends received, is that they must have been behaving in an extremely antisocial way! The general atmosphere was relaxed and extremely tolerant. My only annoyance (as highlighted by the previous post) was those selfish Brits who thought claiming 2 sunloungers each as their own for the duration of their holiday was perfectly within their rights - and then we make jokes about the germans!! Mind you the grass was perfectly comfortable for lying on so it didn't bother me too much. The neighbourhood is quiet and peaceful but nearby is the bustling centre of Puerto de la Cruz, with tons of restaurants, bars, cafeterias etc. The island itself has some stunning scenery - my tip, definitely hire a car and drive away from the built up towns and villages and into the mountains - the views are well worth it.

9 Thank nellie2477
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2003

My wife and 12 year old daughter have just returned from a very enjoyable 11 day stay at the Tajinaste. pronounced "Tacky-nasty", this was anything but! Billed as a three star complex, the acommodation, gardens and poolside were beautifully laid out, clean, well manicured and a welcome (quiet!) respite from the manic Puerto de la Cruz sea front and town. The only irritants were the selfishness of some residents who insisted on leaving their towels draped across the few recliners around the pool (mostly Brits, I should say) for the full duration of their stay. and the indifferent appeal of the poolside bar area, snack menu and service (forget eating at the bar, go out for a nice walk and find many much nicer places to stop and refuel). We were puzzled by some of the remarks from a previous reviewer, suggesting that "quiet time" activities were frowned upon in some way. We did not experience this at all, and the whole atmosphere of the place was highly relaxed and easy going. That said, it is hardly unreasonable to ask for some consideration for residents during the siesta period is it?

We didn't experience the "chicken and chips" fast food places also referred to: we found numerous bar/restaurants that offered - admittedly limited - food choices that were ok for a light meal. Walk down (and I mean DOWN) into town for many excellent eating places situated along the seafront. We certainly ate well and not expensively, either. Top attractions had to be the Nostramo boat trip (we saw dolphins, whales and swam in the warm sea from the boat) and Mt Teide and the surrounding crater - hire a car for this trip as an organised trip leaves too little time to explore properly. The seafront Lago is also good value due to the absence of 'proper' beaches. Enjoy your stay at the Tajinaste - we certainly did!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2003

Having researched the accomodation with both our tour operator AND trip advisor we were fully aware that we would be free of lager louts and young clubbers and were looking forward to a relaxing holiday. Upon our arrival we found the accomodation to be of a very good standard. The grounds are without doubt immaculate - all except a large earth works by the pool. (work in progres for 2 weks and still not finished!) Our party comprised of Couples over 40 and two 14 year olds. We were aghast to find the 'community rules' board adjacent to the small swiming pool, after reading we rapidly realised that all should be silent during 1pm and 4 pm each day - worrying when you want to take a relaxing swim! and that relaxing apres dinner G&T's in the patio would not be acceptable. Security was a great concern - duplicate keys to apartments given out without checking who you were - on our 3rd day one of our apartments was broken into, the staff did not want the police called and only after our tour rep intervened did this happen. The night security man has a large torch that he his fond of shining in your apartment when you are in residence!!! and if arriving home late he will curtly instruct you to go to bed!! Apatments Parque Tajinaste are clean,very quiet and pleasing to the eye, sadly they are only suitable for couples wanting peace and quiet or those with young babies. We would certainly not go again with youngsters, and due to poor restaurants in the area (all chips and chicken!!). We would ,however highly reccomend Tapas Bar Estabilo in Plaza DeCharco - real Canarian food of a high standard (mostly locals eating there) much more expensive than most but worth that little bit extra to avoid the junk food culture that is awash closer to the accomodation. The English contingent in the accomodation were all in agreement that they were in the minority and that we were all viewed as English Yobs - we only found nice quiet friendly English tourists who all found it highgly amusing that they were viewed as our view is: immaculate accomodation with great view of snow capped mount Tiede, if you wish to snooze in the sun without noisy childen or drunks This is the place to go BUT you will need to enjoy walking or pay for taxi into town cheap at 3 euro's a trip. We all loved the Lido Martinez and our drive to the mountain. We all hated Los Christianos for being brash and full of fast food outlets. Go Kart track at other end of island is fun and suitable for all ages from 6 years. (about an hours drive away). Would we go again - sadly the answer would be no.

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member