We booked this 2 week all inclusive holiday with Thomson approximately 3 weeks before our departure which was on 27th July. For what we paid we thought it was excellent value for money. Yes there were some issues however this didn’t detract from us having a wonderful holiday mainly because we made the best of it with some great people that we met. There was a good mix of nationalities, mainly Spanish on their hols from the mainland plus German, Italian, quite a few Russians and of course us Brits (hello to all the gang we met from Manchester).
We agree with the comments that the hotel is nearer to a 3 and not a 4 star. The pool and surrounds ARE small for the numbers of people occupying the hotel and the dining room, particularly at breakfast, can be very busy and cramped. The food seems to be the most contentious issue but to be honest we didn’t have any problems. Pork, chicken, turkey, steak, burgers, fish and even “English sausages” were served at different times at the grill station. Queues did build up and hence perhaps some of the under-cooking issues could arise as a result. There are also salads, precooked meals (sometimes with a strange mix of sauces), loads of fresh fruit and other puds. Veggies may need to be careful that what they are eating may not be the same as what it says on the labels, particularly the soups.
The all-inclusive drinks are good, daft beer was changed part way through to San Miguel. Soft drinks, spirits and wine were all very drinkable but not so sure about cocktails.
The staff are great considering the amount of work they do. Bar staff in particular work very hard and try to crack a joke, even closing the bar 2 minutes before they should do at midnight. The irate German banging on the door didn’t seem to be amused though. Be warned get there early to stash up your late drinks! As mentioned in a previous review one barman was as miserable as sin. Yes, the grey haired man with glasses. Say Hola and wait for the grunt. We did manage to make him smile on the last day just before coming home!
Our room was on a high floor which had a view of sea and mountains. The room was clean with no sign of any bugs. Not the case late at night in the outdoor seating area. We enjoyed the Elton John tribute and the Charlie Chaplin acts, nothing else to our taste really.
The hotel is well located for Playa Jardin and Loro Parque (10 mins walk) and also the main town about 15 – 20 mins walk away reached by several routes (not very interesting until you reach the centre itself though). The town and hotel were particularly busy at week-ends. Do try to walk around the town centre in the evening as it has totally different atmosphere than during the day.
To all those staff and new friends who played some part in making this a lovely holiday a big THANK YOU.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Adults Only Tenerife offers an enviable location at Puerto de la Cruz, it is located only yards away from the spectacular volcanic beaches at "Playa Jardin" and 5 minutes walk from the town centre. It has a top-notch service and completely renovated rooms with fantastic views to the sea or over Mount Teide and the Orotava Valley. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Be Live Adults Only Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Tenerife Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Florida Tenerife Hotel
- Hotel Florida Tenerife
- Florida Hotel Tenerife
- Be Live Adults Only Tenerife Puerto De La Cruz