I stayed here between 31st May-7th June. I am in my late 20's and my friend mid 40's. Personally we felt too young for this hotel as it is full of 55 year old plus. There is even a blood pressure monitor in the library!
Upon arrival we were given a double bed when we booked a twin via our holiday company. We arrived at 1.30am so it wasn't the best of starts however the night receptionists were very pleasant and quickly gave us a twin room. The room was adequate with a small balcony, the room was quite smelly even when we aired it by leaving the balcony door open for hours.
The food is good with lots on offer however towards the end of the week, we felt the food was repetitive.
The staff were all friendly however the reception team were not very helpful with any questions we had. The spa has been closed and under renovation for months we later found out from our Thomson rep. When we spoke to reception, he told us we could pay to use the pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and gym at the hotel across the road. I was surprised about this especially as that hotel is much nicer than the Luaby.
The entertainment is great if you like to dance to older music - 3 times a week they have the same band entertain and the other nights there is a disco after the entertainment.
I personally think the entertainment was rubbish - the animal show was 3 snakes which took 20 minutes to show people then they spent the rest of the time going round for photo opportunities. They told people off for taking pictures of their own kids on personal camera as photo's are only allowed by the entertainment team so they can charge you for the privilege. The falcon show was 2 owls again, 20 minutes showing the owls and the rest of the time was used for pictures. The crazy party games was musical chairs. The daytime entertainment included darts, stretching, bowls, bingo etc.
We spent as much time as possible out of the hotel as the weather wasn't great. I recommend going to Loro Parque for the day - there are several animal shows which change the acts at each performance. We also went on a submarine Safari at San Miguel. This is also worth going to if you get the chance.
We purchased a package holiday via Thomson. The rep (Alistair) was available in the reception area at lunch, dinner and then came back in the evenings outside of his working hours. Alistair was very friendly and knowledgeable with the area. We constantly asked him questions and he was able to help with them all.
You have to pay a daily fee to rent the room safe and fridge and the wifi is charged at either a daily or weekly cost.
This hotel is definitely not one I would go back to even if upgrading to Spendid (the premium option at a cost of 22 euros per day).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Be Live Adults Only Tenerife offers an enviable location at Puerto de la Cruz, it is located only yards away from the spectacular volcanic beaches at "Playa Jardin" and 5 minutes walk from the town centre. It has a top-notch service and completely renovated rooms with fantastic views to the sea or over Mount Teide and the Orotava Valley. This hotel has the ISO 14001 Certification, as a result of its effective environmental management system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelsClick, Orbitz, Hotel.de, HRS and Despegar.com so you can book your Be Live Adults Only Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luabay Tenerife Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Florida Tenerife Hotel
- Hotel Florida Tenerife
- Florida Hotel Tenerife
- Be Live Adults Only Tenerife Puerto De La Cruz