Christmas 2008 at the Botanico. 1st impression very good. But thats just it, it looks good. Underneath the surface - not up to scratch. Don't book half board. You are a captive audience. Whilst the food looks good its tasteless. I see a review now I'm back (too late) about a restaurant thats opened just across the road. It looked great. Sadly I never went in. Other reviews say the hotels worn, thats picky. We had an Ambassador Suite - brilliant. Except it overlooked the back of the hotel (sea view) and was plauged by dog barking from an adjacent villa (75metres away). Management did move us but it took the morning with some tension. They actually got the police round who solved the problem. Maybe I shouldnt have insisted on the move. Spa is fantastic. Nearly faultless - where's the drinking water? Why isnt there a juice bar - they could make money out of that? Restaurants look fantastic, so does the food but I've never been to any of the LHOW where they could ruin even the most simplest of dishes. Creme brulee like scrambled egg with no brulee. Plates in La Parilla served so hot the foods still (over)cooking on them. They need to "get back to basics" and cook simple good food. If you like your white wine cold, forget it. The bottle will go in an ice bucket with huge cubes and air. No contact between the cold and the bottle. Really good things: fresh roses in the room (a dozen appeared one day - was that the only one we didn't complain?), breakfast - omelette freshly cooked, turn down service (only better at the Ritz in London), suite quality (eg; 2 huge plasma's, dining table, comortable settee's), soaps etc in bathroom, and; THE BEST - atmosphere of relaxation with everyone wandering around in bathrobes down to the spa. Posh for dinner but during the day; no make-up, no hairdo's, no fancy clothes. Just realaxation.
You can spend the day next to a pool and have no screaming kids, no smoking, no mobiles, just like minded individuals enjoying the place. There is a pool for families thats fantastic, its the main pool. Mostly the familes there made sure the tranquility of the gardens around it and the hotel were not spoiled. Important as 50% of the rooms overlook it. If you go, look for a discount - any other Leading Hotel Of the World I've ever stayed in would deliver more "bang for your buck".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz