Another month long visit to our 'second home'.
Always very enjoyable with quite outstandingly caring and courteous staff.
Housekeeping standards are first class as is the Oriental Spa where relaxing treatments are professionally administered by a team of well trained therapists.
A new entrance was being constructed during June and the noise was disruptive but Gustavo Escobar, who has now been Manager for over a year, handled our concerns with professionalism as we would have expected since we spend over 100 nights here each year.
Senator Suites with sea views are spacious and well equipped although bathrooms could do with a more modern look.
Breakfasts offer a wide choice and, while enjoyable, would be enhanced if there was more evidence of management supervision to sharpen up service standards which can be slack particularly if you choose to take breakfast prior to 9 a.m.
Menu improvements are underway in Papagallo ( Italian ) and La Parilla (International) restaurants but better cuisine and value can be found in a handful of really decent restaurants in Puerto de la Cruz...e.g. Rosa di Bari, Kafka ,La Herreria, La Boheme , Regulo etc. ( see reviews).
Botanico continues to attract regular clients who are likely to overlook the very poor exterior appearance of the far from modern building while delighting in the comfort and relaxation which awaits within.
Botanico is still the best hotel in the North of Tenerife and, with a few improvements and refinements, it will continue to attract discriminating and discerning clients.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz