Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden
H10 Tenerife Playa(Puerto de la Cruz)
$99
$127
  • Breakfast included
Apartamentos Casablanca(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
$100
$90
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Sol Costa Atlantis(Puerto de la Cruz)
$139
$120
Melia.com
  • Beachfront
Catalonia Las Vegas(Puerto de la Cruz)
$64
  • Pool
Apartamentos Alta(Puerto de la Cruz)
$56
$51
  • Restaurant
Hotel Puerto Palace(Puerto de la Cruz)
$83
$79
  • Pool
4Dreams Hotel(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
$53
  • Pool
Hotel Monopol(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
$82
$67
  • Restaurant
Hotel Las Aguilas(Puerto de la Cruz)
$121
1,785 results
All reviewsblack swansputting greenkoi carpthermal circuittai chiice roomambassador suiteleading hotels of the worldturn down servicela parrillawater bedsbeautiful hotelmain poolinterconnecting roomsbreakfast buffet isbotanical gardenschocolate fountain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2014

My wife & I chose this hotel partly as it is a member of the LHW group (it's a quality mark not a corporation), and we'd stayed at another LHW (Biltmore, Coral Gables) which was superb.
The Botanico is excellent all round. Spotlessly clean (the maids never stopped working), attentive, polite and genuine service, a choice of very good restaurants, lovely room presented as you would expect. They even changed the mattress without a moments hesitation when my wife said it was a bit firm and causing her not to sleep well. She hadn't expected a change of mattress, a topper at best. The Spa was excellent, the pool well stocked with quality loungers and plentiful towels, the gardens beautiful - I could go on.

Would I go back? Definitely.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJP4
Hotel B, Director General at Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful holiday experience on Tripadvisor. What a lovely review!. It is always a great pleasure to read the first time customers haver enjoyed a wonderful experience at our hotel. This show us that we are on the right track with our services and standards. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I had lunch at this hotel and we had an excellent time. The service was very friendly and professional; the food was delicious. The waiters were very attentive. All in all a wonderful experience: one of the few highlights of our first visit to Tenerife.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FandangoEspanol
Hotel B, Director General at Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear visitor

We're glad to read you enjoyed your lunch at our hotel, mostly, thanks to the wonderful service our staff provide you. We hope you visit us again and next time it would be a pleasure if you stay at our hotel.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed March 2, 2014

the hotel is everything you'd expect. The rooms are fine, we had a view of the sea. The food is adequate, not fantastic, but it is the best we could find in the locality. I was annoyed to be charged €6 per day to have a kettle in the room, I've stayed in hotels all over the world and never encountered this, it felt like a rip-off.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the spa was lovely, we spent our time swimming and relaxing, which was exactly what we wanted.

On the whole I would say that this is a very nice hotel with friendly staff and a good spa area. I don't think it's 5 star, but it's a healthy 4 star.

Room Tip: get a room facing the sea
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim M m

Dear Jim

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your opinion about your stay at our hotel. We always endeavour to fulfil the wishes and expectations of our guests, and being aware of your preferences is very helpful. We therefore appreciate your comments as it helps us to improve our service.

We take your observations very seriously, and I kindly ask you to accept my apologies for not having fully met your expectations, especially concerning the quality of food and the fact that the tea service for the day has an extra charge. We kindly inform you that we usually receive many compliments in our restaurants. Nevertheless, we will implement the necessary measures to improve our offer and to warrant you a comfortable stay in our hotel in the future. As for the tea/coffee set in the room, I would like to inform you that, besides the kettle, we provide a complete selection of tea and coffee together with different sorts of sugar and sweeteners and that we only charge 7,00Euros per day for this service.

Please feel free to contact us directly again if you wish to receive any further information or if you would like to share any other comment with us.

Yours sincerely,
Hotel Botánico & The Oriental Spa Garden

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I enjoyed a holiday here from 19 Dec to 7 January, although I had booked through Expedia the hotel phoned me a couple of weeks beforehand and explained that there were Gala dinners included on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve and they also enquired if I had transport from the airport arranged and booked a car for me and asked if I had a preference for a sea view or poolside view room, I chose a poolside room on the second floor which was perfect , giving sun on the balcony from about 9 to 3 everyday. On arrival there was a complimentary drink and the porter explained where everything was in the room. Thoughout my stay there was complimentary bottled water every day and a bowl of fruit in the room. The room was always spotless and included a nightly bed turndown service always with a small chocolate left on the pillow. The hotel provided a brochure in the room which detailed a complete itinerary for each day from 23 Dec to 2 January which included a guided tour of the gardens from a knowledgable botanist, visits to Loro Parque and nearby parks, churches, etc. with delightful Natalia, wine and food tastings, cocktail making and many other activities. I particularly enjoyed the black-tie New Year's Eve gala dinner, the food was superb, and it was great to be seated with other English speaking guests to greet the new year in with the traditional eating of grapes and glass of cava, superbly organised.
As others have noted there is no in-room tea or coffee making, personally I don't like instant coffee and can live without tea so for me not a problem. I used their laundry service several times and the service was excellent.
The way the hotel responds to negative comments here on trip advisor to me is a true reflection of their passion to provide an enjoyable stay with them. I would suggest that if you do choose to stay at any hotel and have a complaint that you should do so politely while you are there. I had a booking for one of the restaurants that somehow was not conveyed to the restaurant and as a consequence was asked to come back in an hour, even then I had a long wait and a less than satisfactory meal, however after making a complaint by email to the manager while I was there I was given a prompt reply that I could have a free meal at the same restaurant the next day. As it happened I had other arrangements, however the day before I left I had booked a dinner in another of the restaurants and ordered a light meal. To my surprise the head waitress came to my table and asked if I'd like to order something different because the dinner would be 'on the house' , since I wasn't hungry I thanked her but gratefully declined but accepted a glass of cava from the wine waiter who had also similarly said that drinks would be 'on the house' and also was given some desert wine with their delicious white chocolate panna cotta, half way through the meal the hotel manager came to the table and thanked me for the opportunity to put things right; what made this an exceptional experience was the manner in which everyone seemed to want to show how good they could be, this is truly an exceptional hotel. I have stayed in top hotels throughout the USA and Europe and although it's true that there are hotels with bigger rooms, bigger pools and maybe fancier toiletries, the friendly atmosphere created by the professionalism of the staff here is a rare find.

Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank Ray H
Hotel B, Director General at Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Ray,

In the name of The Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden team, I want to thank you for making such wonderful review about your stay with us, on Tripadvisor. Its been a pleasure to have you as Christmas guest and it´s great to read, that we have been able to surprise you with a great and friendly service. As we have told you in person, your feedback will be highly considered in order to improve our restaurants services, as with the individual experience of each customer we improve. Thank you for your kind words regarding our excellent team, we will inform them all about your compliments. It will be a pleasure to have you once again at The Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel quite by chance having been transferred here following a storm which had made our original choice Hotel Los Gigantes unavailable. Thank you storm for giving us the opportunity of staying in this wonderful hotel. The accommodation was excellent as was the food. The staff were superb too, nothing too much trouble.

The only disappointment was the weather which was often overcast, I gather this is the norm at this time of year in the north of the island.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Peter D
Hotel B, Director General at Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear guest,