This is a really beautiful hotel in a lovely location. It is an hour, or so, from the Tenerife South airport but it is perfectly situated in relation to the town of Puerto de la Cruz. A pleasant walk albeit hilly although there is a good hotel shuttle bus service as well.
The hotel is very grand looking. We possibly felt it was a bit old fashioned looking but then we have a very modern house; everyone's tastes are different. It was spotless though, both the public areas and the bedrooms.
Check in was flawless.
We are used to having a suite when we are away and, it seems, for a family of four, there are none big enough. We had interconnecting rooms. They were both of an okay size. Not as big as we would have liked but not tiny. Two single beds pushed together for the adults. There is a nice balcony though. Bathroom was also okay. Shower over the bath rather than a separate cubicle.
Breakfasts were fine. Fairly standard for a five star hotel, nothing spectacular. The food in generally was disappointing. The Italian style restaurant, room service and lunch time menu are all perfectly acceptable but not great. We did love the Spanish/Mediterranean restaurant.
The Bar Hall is a lovely place to sit with good entertainment on in the evening. The cocktails were never excellent, but again, fine.
The one swimming pool that is available for children does not get the sun until 11. Maybe that's just because of the time of year. There are not enough sunbeds but maybe it was an exceptionally busy time. There wasn't much sunbed bagging so that was good.
The staff are all very friendly. Most's English wasn't great but then neither is my Spanish.......
The New Year Gala dinner was excellent. The food was amazing. Really, really good. As was the entertainment. The children were catered for too with the kids' club running from 8-1.
Nonetheless, we were not that impressed with the kids' club in general. The girl that was generally there was usually on her own regardless of how many children there were and the ages. She was excellent and tried her very best. However, it meant that she either had to take a child to the toilet leaving others unsupervised or the children had to go to the toilet themselves. The toilets were a good 30m away from the room. The door was usually open and the signing in and out process was lax. A rigid system was just not in place. I realise that this is a free service and it is our choice the leave the children but still, not what I expect from a five star hotel.
This, together with my other points, makes me believe that while the hotel do accommodate children, they do not actively cater for them. This is a shame as it is a nice hotel.
We did have a lovely holiday and it was very relaxing. The spa area and pools are idyllic. It is just possibly not quite what we were looking for. For someone without children, it would be perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz