We have just spent a week at this hotel and had an enjoyable and peaceful break. From the outside the hotel does not look anything special but from the inside it is well laid out, spotlessly clean and well furnished. We had a room overlooking the spa and on the fourth floor where the views were very good. The gardens are outstanding and have been well designed. The hotel was built in the mid 70's and is a distance away from the coast but you can see the sea over the roofline of other buildings. A very quiet room and hotel.
Breakfast had a wide variety of options and there is something there for everyone and the service was very good. The coffee could be improved however there is a machine where you can get a range of different coffees but not exceptional.
There are three restaurants on site which I do separate reviews for. I would say that the food was always edible but perhaps did not come up to the standards expected of a 5 star hotel based on our previous experience in other hotels. If was to come back again it would be bed and breakfast rather than half board as there is a large number of good restaurants in the area near to the hotel. That said, having the choice of three different restaurants and styles of cuisine meant you could pick and choose depending upon which restaurant was open. The service in each of the restaurants appeared to be mixed and inconsistent. Some of the staff were very good. Jonathan who is a waiter at breakfast is a good example of someone always willing to help and always with a smile on his face.
There were a couple of errors on my bill when checking out and these related to the restaurants so it is worth checking this before you leave. They were of course corrected.
On the whole this is a very good hotel but the restaurants stop it being outstanding. There is a mix of different age groups with the majority in the 50+ age group and few children at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz