This was my third visit to the Hotel and my wife's second. I first visited with my parents way back in 1976 (!) and my wife and I came here in 2007 with our kids who were then 10 and 8. It was great then and this time just the two of us for a restful week. This really is a 5* plus hotel. But what makes it good is not the general facilities or ambiance but the staff - at all levels. They really make an effort to make you feel welcome and important to them - they were all smiles all the time. If you are looking for a Spa hotel - this is it. The Thai themed spa gardens are deliciously quiet, with relaxing pools and a full range of massage treatments - or you can just slowly enjoy the steam rooms and sauna. For families this is also a good hotel, under 16s cant go to the Spa area but the main pool is a good size and during July and August there is a kids club including excursions to Loro Parque. As a couple having a week while our teenage children enjoyed organised trips abroad elsewhere, this was ideal. We went B&B. The Breakfast is huge. We never had lunch! Evenings were split between the hotel's excellent Italian restaurant (there are three restaurants plus poolside) and local fayre just outside the hotel. All enjoyable. The rooms are comfortable, maybe a little dated but there are plenty of older hotels around the world which have older style rooms. The main foyer and bar area is large with plenty of space and the gardens are great for an after breakfast walk. My only negative which we fed back to the hotel was that the shower (despite being a well known brand) was a bit on the weak side and could be upgraded - but that's being a bit picky. There really is not anything to complain about. Service wise it was comparable to that we have enjoyed in the Far East.
We will be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz