We stayed at this hotel for a week, and to be honest it wasn't long enough! This is a beautiful hotel with the most wonderful staff that we have ever encountered at a hotel! Nothing is too much for anyone. The staff make this hotel!!
I just don't know where to start! The gardens are stunning, with a lake with black swans (and cygnets when we were there), turtles, moorhens (with young) and the most amazing huge fish. The gardens are very botanical with beautiful plants and trees and the whole area is beautifully manicured and very soothing with quiet seating areas.
After reading other reviews, we opted for half board. Very unusual for us as we love good food and like to eat out for variety. This was the best decision we made!! For dinner there is a choice of three A La Carte restaurants, Italian, Spanish and Oriental. Don't let the themes of these restaurants put you off. They all serve the most amazing fresh and wonderfully presented food including fresh fish and steaks etc. You just wouldn't find this standard of food or service if you ate out in the resort. For your half board supplement you can choose three courses from the A La Carte menu. It's such an amazing deal! The chef has a herb garden which you can visit in the hotel gardens.
The breakfast is buffet style with eggs, omelettes, pancakes etc cooked freshly while you wait. Plenty of choice and excellent quality of food. There was indoor and outdoor seating. Something that we particularly liked was the outdoor seating area was split for smoking and non smoking so you could sit outside without being next to smokers. This was the same at lunchtime. Great consideration for non smokers!
The swimming pool and small children's pool by the bar area is the only pool area for children.
The spa area is beautiful and is an adult only area. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms and beds to relax on. In the outdoor spa area there is a swimming pool, a large jacuzzi with seated areas and a further jacuzzi in a cave. On occasions there was a shortage of sun beds, but most days there were enough for everyone. Unlike many hotels, use of the spa area is included in your stay.
Treatments are extra of course. We both had massages and facials in the spa which were excellent. You are treated like royalty at this hotel!
We asked for a quiet room, and were put in a room at one end of the building overlooking the swimming pool and Mount Teide with a good sized sunny balcony. The room was plenty big enough and very clean and the en suite facilities were excellent with a bath, top notch shower and luxury toiletries. The bed was very comfortable and there is a choice of pillows. You have a complimentary bottle of water each in the room every day, and chocolates with the turn down service.
Evening entertainment was not the best we've seen or heard, but this was a tiny point in relation to the whole holiday experience.
We walked down to the main resort and back on many occasions, but it is steep and not a suitable walk for anyone who is not reasonably fit. We were told though that it is only a few euros in a taxi, and there are always taxis available outside the hotel.
The Botanical gardens are just opposite the hotel and entry is very reasonable. There are some amazing trees in there but I think the flowers would be better if you visit in the summer months. A nice walk though.
There is a supermarket in the complex next to the hotel for bottled water, drinks etc.
The transfer from the airport is about 90 minutes, but this hotel is worth it! The most relaxing holiday we have ever had, and we do travel a lot. We will be back!!
One final point. This hotel, in my opinion, is not geared up for children and they should make it an Adult Only hotel. That would suit the vast majority of the current hotel guests and attract others who prefer an Adult Only Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz