This hotel is a quality property with great staff.
Our welcome was friendly and efficient. Breakfast was an extensive buffet catering for the. Variety of nationalities staying here.the waiting staff are mostly older Spanish speaking people. They move at a cracking pace but take some time for pleasantries.
The lounges, library and pool area are all a bit "twee". A bit like sitting in your Great Aunt's chintz house, but it is meant to have the ambience of a Spanish colonial house with an Asian feel. All feels slightly mish mash and not quite pulled together as an interior design theme. But clean, efficient and decor doth not a holiday make.
Our Ambassador suite was similarity chintzy but with all amenities and in perfect working order. Great size, good beds, bath, shower and double balcony. Very nice.
Thee gardens are extensive and really delightful for a stroll.
The Spa is really of a high standard. Adult only which is great when you want to get away from little ones on hols. Had my years of being the one with the crying baby by the pool, so cannot complain about the new generation. But the twenty /thirty something's now will one day write a review thankful there is a child free zone in their hotel. There is also no smoking in the spa and for me that is a great thing.
The immediate are outside the hotel is a fairly upmarket suburban feeling area catering to German tourists and I suspect an ex pat community of retires. It has a very grey haired and calm feel to it. Felt at home! Grey not German!
I would certainly return. Final thought, all staff have been lovely and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz