We arrived to a warm and efficient welcome from the concierge and receptionist, with a glass of a refreshing fruit drink.
Our room had lovely décor, and was clean and well equipped. Fresh flowers and very high quality toiletries provided an additional touch of luxury in the bathroom. The complementary bottles of mineral water (replenished daily) were much appreciated. The housekeeping, including an evening turndown service, was very good.
Our room had a balcony, and a view of the pool area, and the mountains and Teide.
Everything about the hotel appeared to be of high quality … Even the lifts were exceptionally prompt, and we never had to wait more than a few seconds for a lift to come!
Reception and concierge staff were always helpful (including loaning umbrellas when needed!)
The buffet breakfasts were fabulous.
There was a daily newsletter, available at breakfast in various languages, that gave some news headlines as well as information about what was going on in the hotel.
Our short stay here (3 nights) wasn’t really sufficient to try everything that the hotel had available.
The grounds are very pleasant, but I don't think we saw them at their best due to the weather! We swam (briefly) in both outdoor pools. The only negative was that I thought the main pool should have been a bit cleaner – there were bits of twigs and leaves in it – but I think that was possibly a reflection of the awful rainy weather when we were there as much as a reflection on the pool maintenance.
We ate in two of the restaurants – La Parrilla and The Oriental - and both were excellent.
There was live entertainment in the bar in the evenings, and we really enjoyed this (particularly on two of the three nights – which style of bands you prefer is obviously a matter of personal preference!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz