We stayed at the Hotel from the 9th to 19th September, having booked it as a package Hoiilday with Thomson. The flight both ways was brilliant, and we were met by a Thomason Rep on arrival that directed us to a waiting taxi all paid for in the package.
It took an hour to get there and as we drove up the driveway lined with palm trees illuminated with small lights, we were not dissapointed. Large statues of Elephants at the entrance and a more than accomodating doorman dressed in a white uniform opened the taxi door and took our cases. Reception was an amazing sight, large spacious and spectacular, you must look at the photos. Breakfast was buffet style and plenty of selection, with eggs being cooked to order.
althought I think Sensatori just beat them by a star for breakfast having more selection and more chefs cooking to order, plus I like looking at the lake at Sensatori, we are going there for Christmas, however this review is about Hotel Botanico. The Japanese garden is spettacular with thousands of koi carp, terapins, ducks, black swans and parrots flying about.
The main swimming pool is old style but nice and I have been told they are shortly updating it.
Our room was a basic one and more than adiquate, in fact luxurios, and nothing was too much trouble.
We arrived late and had a quick drink and went to be, for me the bed was hard and I didn't sleep well. I told reception in the morning and when I went back to my room after breakfast they had already changed the matteress for a softer one. I was impressed. There is also a selection of pillows to suit.
The Spa was something amazing and I did have a couple of treatments, that I thought were very reasonable, even if you don't want any treatments you must visit the spa and be amazed.
before we went people said the noth of the Island was cloudy and sometimes very wet, it could not be further from the truth, during our stay we only had one day of rain and it was refreshing as the temperature was about 28 to 30c and wall to wall sunshine.
I was so impressed I wrote a poem whilst there and the manager will be putting it up somewhere in the Hotel, here it is
TENERIFE OCTOBER 2012
By Mackenzie Moulton
To Tenerife we flew at night
Four hours journey was our flight
And when at last we came to land
A greeting courier was at hand
The night was dark not much to see
The air was scented with palm trees
Much warmer than the land we left
To shout HORA was hard suppressed
To Puerto De La Cruz we had to travel
Through winding roads the car unravelled
At last our destination was in sight
We travelled an hour through the night
Hotel Botanico was our destination
As it came in sight with expectation
Palm trees lit with many lights
Lined the driveway, a glorious sight
The taxi stopped, our door was opened
The Hotel concierge with Spanish spoken
Buenos Noches with a smile
All dressed in white he had great style
The entrance all marble and glass
The foyer and reception vast
The bell boy took cases and very soon
After refreshment we were in our room
We draw the curtains, what a view
Lush palm trees and gardens all about
A swimming pool that glittered blue
In the distance, but now in shroud
Mount Teide poked above the cloud
To stay here we thought of for a while
Not disappointed by it’s grace and style
The staff are friendly every one
As warm and welcome as the sun
Ten days we had in this glorious place
Enjoying the spa and gardens too
The food, the pool and each different race
Who came to Botanico as wise men do
The parrots fly from tree to tree
The Koi carp swim in water green
With turtles, black swans so serene
This is a wonderful place to be
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz