Just returned after a 4 night stay, and we weren't disappointed.
My first review, and just felt the need to leave some feedback ....
We had read a few comments on the building itself being a little dated. I can kind of understand these comments, but you won't be coming to this hotel for a shining White and Stainless Steel facade. Inside, it's tastefully decorated with paintings and statues and interior pieces, sympathetically put together. Each 'area' was immaculately well looked after, you'd struggle to find anywhere a bit run down.
We stayed in a normal deluxe room, to be honest I'm glad we didn't upgrade. The room, as with the hotel was well kept and decorated, and the idea for us was not to stay in the room for our break. A kettle would have been nice, but the well stocked bar was always there ;)
The beds were turned down every night and an itinerary of tomorrow's events were left on the bed each night.
I got fed up of saying, " That was the best Cod/Salmon/Seabass I've tasted" !
Although a couple of the more cantankerous customers seemed to NEED to complain (eg One asked for a Citrus sauce that wasn't meant to accompany her fish and then wondered why she had to wait for it to be made), the food was lovely, freshly cooked, fresh produce and incredibly tasty. The Spanish restaurant was definitely the cosier, tapas would have been nice here ?
Overall, great food, and well done to all the staff for putting up with people who should know better.
Said many times before by reviewers, but they do "make" the hotel. The banana trees were a talking point, standing on the bridge watching the terrapins and Koi was also a moment to remember. Again, like the hotel, immaculately kept.
Although slightly chilly, the sun wasn't too kind to us, so probably not had a chance to heat up. The pool attendants immediately came and put towels on your beds, no one dive bombing, no one screaming, no one saving beds with their towels, just as it should be ... Peace in the sun.
Drinks waiters walking round every 5 mins, so never went short of a few cocktails.
Oh the massages !
The best money I spent during our visit. Amazing amazing hands, trying to loosen up my back is no easy task, so thank you !
The spa itself is beautiful, including the gardens and swimming pool.
Other bits ...
Half Board definitely worth it.
Would have liked the outside bar area to have a wider choice of snacks.
Sometimes the service for me, personally, was too much. I can pour my own water with my meal, but every time my glass was less than half full it was topped up.
ALL staff were excellent, I would suggest it's an honour to work there.
Activity sheets an excellent idea .. Wine tasting, card games, cocktail making .. Great idea !
News sheets at breakfast a great idea too.
Breakfast is amazing, sure I've put on weight !
And, I think that's about it !
Oh, just a tip on the price ... We booked through CleverHotels, a German company.
I think we paid nearly 900e, which was about 150e cheaper, at least, than UK companies.
I think the price of the euro has strengthened by 20% in the last year or so, but the UK prices have remained the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel and spa, located in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife, is one of the most prestigious 5 star luxury hotels in the Canary Islands. Being the only official 5 star hotel “Gran Lujo”, we offer an elegant and tranquil atmosphere. In 1998 Hotel Botanico was the first hotel in the Canaries that became a member of the luxury hotel group "The Leading Hotels of The World". Classical in style, there is a timeless grace throughout our hotel, which we carefully maintain through ongoing investment programmes. We offer a variety of luxury accommodation combined with high-class restaurants and leisure facilities, including the award-winning Oriental Spa Garden for total relaxation. Enjoy from your room or suite the extraordinary views of the Atlantic or the Orotava Valley and Mount Teide. Experience the warm culture in this authentic part of Tenerife, combined with one of the most privileged climates in the world. Immerse yourself in the incredible nature, play a round of golf or just relax on the spectacular volcanic beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Botanico And The Oriental Spa Garden
- Botanico Hotel
- Hotel Botanico Tenerife
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden Tenerife/Puerto De La Cruz