We stayed 16th July - 26th July 2013 10 nights all inclusive, travelling as a couple with a baby. Hotel to look at is lovely, clean and the rooms are spacious, we had a sea view and it was great. I think it is definitely catering for spanish and german guests only as the food was geared up for them. I didn't mind this as I ate chicken or fish salad for lunch and dinner each day. However for my partner and baby it was not suitable and they ended up just eating bread for the duration, so I am glad I packed 10 days worth of baby food. At certain times it was a struggle to get a clean table as the waiters were overrun and slow, most meal times we were not asked for drinks, but it seemed other guests were. This wasn't personal to just us we did compare notes with other guests.
The main pool was a nightmare to get a sunbed as people were reserving them with there towels but it was comical to watch the maintenance man walk round taking them off!! The children's pool was located up several flights of steps which really isn't suitable for me with a pram.
The maids were great and worked all day so your room would always be made up with clean towels.
The 2 male receptionists who spoke excellent English were really helpful and the 2 barmen that looked like twin/brothers were great fun and really tried to engage with us. However the old barman in the inside bar was ignorant and would serve everybody before the English guests. (I always order in Spanish).
Overall a nice hotel totally what you pay for, I would recommend half board as All inclusive isn't completely all inclusive there are charges for cocktails and certain other drinks not just the branded/imported drinks. If you have mobility issues it is not the place for you. If you like air conditioning it is also not the place for you, having air conditioning makes my holiday however the rooms have air vents which is not air conditioning and caused my family to have a heat rash throughout our holiday, when challenged at reception they just say air con is from 1500 hours until 2300 hours neither use nor ornament that I'm afraid. There is also daily charges for a safe and a fridge. We enjoyed ourselves as it is what you make.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Puerto de la Cruz is located in the residential area of La Paz of Puerto de la Cruz, with fantastic views towards the sea or towards Mount Teide. The hotel has been recently refurbished and is surrounded by a splendid subtropical garden with a large variety of regional plants.It is situated 10 minutes from the city centre and from the Martiánez swimming pool and artifitial lake complex, creation of the lanzaroteño artist César Manrique.The capital Santa Cruz is 35 km away and the airports Reina Sofía (south) and Los Rodeos (north) are 96 km and 25 km away respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Puerto de la Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Puerto De La Cruz Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Puerto De La Cruz Sol
- Hotel Puerto De La Cruz Tenerife