Hotel Puerto de la Cruz
H10 Tenerife Playa(Puerto de la Cruz)
$114
  • Pool
Hotel Best Semiramis(Puerto de la Cruz)
$109
  • Pool
Hotel Catalonia Las Vegas(Puerto de la Cruz)
$69
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

4Dreams Hotel(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
$33
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $47/night.

Dragos del Norte(Puerto de la Cruz)(Great Value!)
$64
  • Pool
Sol Costa Atlantis(Puerto de la Cruz)
$114
  • Beachfront
Maritim Hotel Tenerife(Puerto de la Cruz)
$103
$97
  • Restaurant
Apartamentos Casablanca(Puerto de la Cruz)
$79
  • Pool
Hotel El Tope(Puerto de la Cruz)
$88
  • Breakfast included
$205
1,235 results
All reviewsupper poolsteep hillswimming pools arehalf boardbbc worldreception areasea viewcourtesy bushotel catersbar staffsaladbreakfast and dinnervisited this hotelstay at this hotel againall inclusive packagepublic areasevening entertainment
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Just came back yesterday from the hotel and we are glad we didn't let influenced by negative reviews...travelled with child; the hotel has great facilities and safe environment for children, the meals were delicious and great variety. And regarding the 157 or how many steps to the centre of the station...I don't find how that would concern the hotel at all...there are plenty beach-by-hotels to choose from...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Zborbala
Dirección H, Director General at Hotel Puerto de la Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear Zborbala, thank you very much for taking your time to post your comments on TripAdvisor and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your holiday in our Hotel.

I appreciate your positive comments on our facilities and buffet, these certainly encourage us to continue offering our guests the best service.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and I remain to your disposition, yours sincerely,
Domingo Castro Bello, Manager.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We totally agree with oldbri10. We stayed at this hotel for 1 week fro the 16th April. Everything he has said about the food is true, cold, uninteresting, totally lacking in imagination.
Our room looked ok but the beds and pillows were rock hard, the fridge and A/C didn't work, despite reporting it to reception. Tea making facilities in the room were non existant despite asking the Thomson rep to arrange it.Surely that was no great task.As far as the management was concerned, the British guests didn't exist, not once were we asked if everything was to our satisfaction. We would never stay at this hotel again and never recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Val W
Dirección H, Director General at Hotel Puerto de la Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Dear VAL W

Thank you for taking your time to post your opinion of your stay in our Hotel on Tripadvisor. Thank you also for your comments on our buffet, we take into account your observations and no doubt they help us to improve our customer service, I regret our buffet choice was not to your satisfaction.

Concerning your comments that the fridge and A/C did not work, I would like to clarify that the fridge has an extra local charge should you have wished to order drinks from the mini-bar price list and the A/C is only available during the Summer months. Both issues are duly published in the TTOO brochures and also on our web. Concerning the tea making facilities, I´m sorry to inform you that our Hotel does not offer this type of service, the Canarian rules and regulations do not allow it in Hotels.

I hope you understand that guests of all nationalities are welcome in our hotel and that we do not discriminate anyone.

I´m sorry you have taken back with a you a bad impression of our Hotel and also to read that you would not stay here again, however, it would be a pleasure for me to greet you personally should you change your mind.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Having arrived In Tenerife 3 wks ago to be told by the transfer bus driver our hotel had closed down we were redirected to this hotel by the security guard . On arrival at the Puerto de la Cruz hotel the reception staff knew nothing about our arrival. You can imagine how worried we were but were given a room for the night and told to return to reception next day. The staff couldn't do more for us and we were told we were staying although it was uncertain if our tour company had sorted paying for it!
All the staff in the hotel were very friendly especially, Miguel on reception. We had a lovely relaxing holiday but the brits are defineately in the minority(approx. 12 of us)Mainly Germans who seem to go out all day and stay in there rooms in the evenings.The entertainment was mixed but typical . The food we found varied but needed to be warmer, except for the meat/fish which was cooked as you waited.At lunch it was very quiet as few guests were all inclusive.
My only complaint was the guests that smoke around the pool and in the comfy outdoor seating area, I think it should be a designated smoking area. They don't even ask if it's ok before lighting up...very annoying.
What could have been a disaster of a holiday turned out really well thanks to the staff. The manager was always checking the diningroom and was very visable around the hotel

Room Tip: Seaview rooms higher up as low down over a path which seems to get used 24hrs a day by groups
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carole297

Dear Carole297

Thank you very much for leaving a positive review of your stay in our Hotel on Tripadvisor, I am very pleased that we were able to solve the lodging problem you found on arrival to Tenerife to your entire satisfaction and that you had an enjoyable holiday amongst.

I also appreciate your kind comments on our staff and concerning your comment on the smoking area I´m afraid your kind suggestion is not possible because by Spanish law this is not allowed.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with other Tripadvisor travellers and I hope to have the pleasure of greeting you personally should you decide to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Booked a late deal from Thomsom to beat the Uk freeze. They rate this hotel as a 4 star but interestingly do not have a rep there nor do they visit it.
LOCATION:
The hotel is located at the top of a steep hill. You can access the front via this steep hill or via 156 steps to the bottom. The hotel offers a minibus daytime during the week to the bottom of the steps or you can pay for a taxi into Puerto. A lot people go to the front for a coffee after dinner but the hotel do not run the bus then.
GUESTS:
Vast majority German. There were a large influx of Spanish familes for a few days over Easter. Not a peaceful or tranquil period.
HOTEL:
Good size footprint. Large open area groundfloor. 2 swimming pools. Lower one very nice and picturesque with bar. Good attendent. Upper (access from 2nd floor) plain rectangular area with less shade. Unhelpful part time attendent. Pools alongside busy road as are poolside rooms. Some will find noisy at night. Poor wi-fi signal on higher floors.
FOOD:
Buffet style. Limited choices/variety during 10 day stay. More suited to German tastes. Anything in a bain-marie went cold very quickly. Questionable hygene routines behind the counter. Not 4 star fayre.
CONCLUSION:
If you are a mature Uk couple wanting a restful break with decent food then maybe not for you. Never mind the daily assault course to get to the town. Some comment on how cheap it is to stay here but is that enough? It could ruin your holiday experience to be a poorly fed minority here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ccws50
Dirección H, Director General at Hotel Puerto de la Cruz, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear ccws50

I greatly appreciate the trouble you have taken to share your experience in our hotel with us and other Triadvisor travellers.
I am sorry that you were not happy with our German and Spanish guests that coincided with you during the dates of your holidays, we do our utmost to provide the best service to all our customers.
Concerning our buffet, I would like to inform you that our hotel complies with the Canarian Governments rules and regulations on food and hygene and that we have external monthly audits that confirm this point. I am sorry you have taken back with you a negative impression on this matter.
Thank you for your feedback which helps us to improve our services and I regret that your stay has not been all the positive and pleasant as we would have desired.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I've been travelling for over 40 years in 3 - 5*+ hotels and have never eaten such disinterestingly and unhygenically displayed, cheap, and cold when it should be hot, food. It totally spoilt the hotel and the holiday. I can only imagine the owners of the hotel do not have any iota of an idea about food and have never run a restaurant or hotel before. The food assistant (can't call them Chefs) asked if I wished for my pork chop to be medium or well done. I've never been asked that before about pork. The pork joint was white on the outside and pink on the inside, didn't eat that. The English breakfast was cold and burnt/uncooked bacon all on one slice. The sausage was unspeakable. This is a German welcomed hotel and Brits are 1% if that. Anyone who praises this restaurant in any way must never have been to a half decent hotel or restaurant. Food is 50% of the holiday at least. I lost 5lbs and I will keep my diet going I'm 10st8lbs now. The 156 steps back from the centre probably helped towards my weight loss - or walk up the long and winding road. We never saw or heard from a Thomson rep, you have to go to El Tope to see them. Don't go to the Hotel Puerto they don't like Brits. Oh and Thomson only publish good reviews.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool is pretty it's like a little oasis but the road runs around it so take earplugs. The 2nd floor is best as you have access via the corridor to a door that leads to the top pool. That pool is quieter but behave or the fat controller will get you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank constancep428

Dear oldbrit10

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay in our Hotel and I deeply regret that our buffet has caused you such a bad impression, it is a pity that we have not been able to discuss it personally during your stay. However, I appreciate your comments and these should serve us to try harder to improve the items you mention.

May I take this opportunity to say that our hotel welcomes all nationalities and would like to inform you that we have a great number of British regular guests who visit us yearly.

With respects to the 156 steps down to the touristic center, we have a free shuttle bus that covers this distance 8 times in the morning and 7 in the afternoon, there and back, I am sorry you were not aware of this service.

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences your stay here has caused you, yours sincerely,

Domingo Castro, Manager.