Ok so just came back off holiday today after staying in the hotel for 1 week .
Firstly the good points :
The hotel is remarkably clean , has a very lovely pool area with modern furnishings , there were enough sunbeds for everyone , if the hotel got busy there were spares on the top deck pool area which was good . The modern seating area had shelter so if u wanted to stay out of the sun and relax you could , there was also a wide screen tv . I found my room to be very clean and my bed was very soft , with comments being made about hard beds in previous messages i thought that my bed was going to be uncomfortable but quite the opposite . My bed was made everyday by the staff and they always did a good job . The bar staff were lovely especially Feliepe and Dominges such delightful staff and a pleasure to be around . On request i asked for extra pillows and received them straight away which was great . As stated previously the staff at the hotel are really helpful .
Bad points :
The hotel is full of German and Spanish guests me and my partner were the only British and although i did not have a problem with this the food was mainly catered towards their tastes , as this hotel is a 4 star i would expect the food to be better most of the time it was luke warm and breakfast was horrible i had a bacon every single morning as their was nothing that tasted nice the sausage was even German for the whole week it was skinless sausage . I am a picky eater but i just found the food to be lacking as this is a 4 star hotel and it was cold most of the time . Also the entertainment was all in Spanish and German and i found it very boring as i couldn't understand a word .
Overall i did have a lovely time despite the food and entertainment , i would stay again but i personally prefer the south side of Tenerife as their is much more to do .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Puerto de la Cruz is located in the residential area of La Paz of Puerto de la Cruz, with fantastic views towards the sea or towards Mount Teide. The hotel has been recently refurbished and is surrounded by a splendid subtropical garden with a large variety of regional plants.It is situated 10 minutes from the city centre and from the Martiánez swimming pool and artifitial lake complex, creation of the lanzaroteño artist César Manrique.The capital Santa Cruz is 35 km away and the airports Reina Sofía (south) and Los Rodeos (north) are 96 km and 25 km away respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Puerto de la Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Puerto De La Cruz Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Puerto De La Cruz Sol
- Hotel Puerto De La Cruz Tenerife