Booked a late deal from Thomsom to beat the Uk freeze. They rate this hotel as a 4 star but interestingly do not have a rep there nor do they visit it.
The hotel is located at the top of a steep hill. You can access the front via this steep hill or via 156 steps to the bottom. The hotel offers a minibus daytime during the week to the bottom of the steps or you can pay for a taxi into Puerto. A lot people go to the front for a coffee after dinner but the hotel do not run the bus then.
Vast majority German. There were a large influx of Spanish familes for a few days over Easter. Not a peaceful or tranquil period.
Good size footprint. Large open area groundfloor. 2 swimming pools. Lower one very nice and picturesque with bar. Good attendent. Upper (access from 2nd floor) plain rectangular area with less shade. Unhelpful part time attendent. Pools alongside busy road as are poolside rooms. Some will find noisy at night. Poor wi-fi signal on higher floors.
Buffet style. Limited choices/variety during 10 day stay. More suited to German tastes. Anything in a bain-marie went cold very quickly. Questionable hygene routines behind the counter. Not 4 star fayre.
If you are a mature Uk couple wanting a restful break with decent food then maybe not for you. Never mind the daily assault course to get to the town. Some comment on how cheap it is to stay here but is that enough? It could ruin your holiday experience to be a poorly fed minority here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Puerto de la Cruz is located in the residential area of La Paz of Puerto de la Cruz, with fantastic views towards the sea or towards Mount Teide. The hotel has been recently refurbished and is surrounded by a splendid subtropical garden with a large variety of regional plants.It is situated 10 minutes from the city centre and from the Martiánez swimming pool and artifitial lake complex, creation of the lanzaroteño artist César Manrique.The capital Santa Cruz is 35 km away and the airports Reina Sofía (south) and Los Rodeos (north) are 96 km and 25 km away respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Puerto de la Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Puerto De La Cruz Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Puerto De La Cruz Sol
- Hotel Puerto De La Cruz Tenerife