having read some negative reviews of this hotel , i feel compelled to write in their defence. i have stayed at this hotel twice, Ocober 2010 and January 2013.
yes, there are some problems with the hotel, but you should bear in mind how much you have paid to stay here, this hotel is cheaper than other hotels in Puerto,
The rooms are fine, all being good sized with plenty of draw space and the bathroom is ample in size. The balconies if facing the road offer great views up to Teide and the Oratavo Valley.
I know people have had issues with the main road in front of the hotel, well the roadworks have now been completed, and the traffic noise is hardly intrusive, the views more than compensate for this,
This is certainly a "german" friendly hotel,the entertainment is definitely tailored towards the german guests, however you dont go on holiday to watch an ordinary cabaret singer.
The hotel's location in La Paz may cause some patrons problems, the number of steep steps down to town centre can be wearing, this can be avoided by following the road route looping round the front of the El Tope. The hotel does also offer a courtesy bus service down the hill.By turning right down the main road, you are quickly into the centre of "old" Puerto de la Cruz, and the bus stop is ideal for getting around the island, the express bus for Santa Cruz also stops here.
The food was ok, We stayed for two weeks, so on some days, when few residents were in the hotel, the food standards did fall. but all in all not bad hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Puerto de la Cruz is located in the residential area of La Paz of Puerto de la Cruz, with fantastic views towards the sea or towards Mount Teide. The hotel has been recently refurbished and is surrounded by a splendid subtropical garden with a large variety of regional plants.It is situated 10 minutes from the city centre and from the Martiánez swimming pool and artifitial lake complex, creation of the lanzaroteño artist César Manrique.The capital Santa Cruz is 35 km away and the airports Reina Sofía (south) and Los Rodeos (north) are 96 km and 25 km away respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Puerto de la Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Puerto De La Cruz Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Puerto De La Cruz Sol
- Hotel Puerto De La Cruz Tenerife