This is a nice hotel and you get what you pay for. We paid less than £2000 for three adults and one twelve year old, all inclusive, so can't complain. Classed as a four star but would rate it more a three.The staff were generally friendly but found some of the bar staff particularly slow. Having to wait almost an hour for a drink on one occasion was a little disappointing. I agree with an earlier comment in that the red arm band is a disadvantage when it comes to being served. Food is good but a bit 'samey' after a while. The entertainment was very limited but this may have been down to it being April. We had a clown who did balloon tricks, a magician whose tricks were about 20 years old and a Tenerife dance troop who tried to sell you photographs and a CD prior to their performance. The acts would not be out of place at a children's party. The other four nights we had a combo of a chap on a Yamaha and a couple singing songs from the 80/90s. The scenery is very attractive but If you have any mobility issues then this is not the place for you. Hotel is on a very steep hill.That said however, the taxi to and from the hotel is reasonable at 3 Euro each way. Finally, be advised that the 'All inclusive' does not include cocktails, drinks like Irish cream equivalent, etc. Snacks during the day consisted of pizza or potato bread. Both very nice but after day four, would like to have seen a little more variety. There were no day time activities so be prepared to occupy yourself in times of inclement weather. We had 3/7 cloudy days and struggled to find something to occupy us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Puerto de la Cruz is located in the residential area of La Paz of Puerto de la Cruz, with fantastic views towards the sea or towards Mount Teide. The hotel has been recently refurbished and is surrounded by a splendid subtropical garden with a large variety of regional plants.It is situated 10 minutes from the city centre and from the Martiánez swimming pool and artifitial lake complex, creation of the lanzaroteño artist César Manrique.The capital Santa Cruz is 35 km away and the airports Reina Sofía (south) and Los Rodeos (north) are 96 km and 25 km away respectively. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Puerto de la Cruz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Puerto De La Cruz Hotel Puerto De La Cruz
- Puerto De La Cruz Sol
- Hotel Puerto De La Cruz Tenerife