“MY RECENT STAY”

Hotel Tejuma
EAST SUSSEX
“MY RECENT STAY”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked a stay in January this year 2013.
on my arival to bee left outside for over an hour.
Untill a feller guest let me in.Only to wait another hour for the owner to turn up.
I found this normal. As some other guests were left waiting during my stay.
The room was clean ,dated decor.no tea making facilities.The bathroom had a cracked wc
During my stay the guests above made noise .draging chairs over the floor above.Untill all hours.
On checking out i imformed the owner. That i have rated his service As nill but his room service maids 10/10.whith this in mind i cant recomend this hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KEVIN M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Let me start off by saying that this part of the island is more geared toward older folks. I'm 35 and I went with my cousin who is 22 and when i went into town I felt like there was a retirement home convention. We went to Tenerife for Carnival and everything in Santa de la Cruz was booked so we stayed here.

That being said... the hotel itself is a great value for the money. If you want to stay in that part of the island and are on a budget its a great spot. It's very close to the bus stop and everything else in town. They don't even advertise that there will be any outdoor space on their website but we had a huge balcony with lounge chairs and a table to eat at if we wanted to with a view of the mountain on one side and could see the water on the other. The rooms also had some character and didn't make us feel like we were staying in a generic motel. The old man at the reception spoke very little English but was super sweet. If I ever had a reason to return to Puerto de la Cruz I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Violet J
Dublin
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed for a week over New year 2011/12. The hotel met and in some instances exceeded our expectations for a 2 star hotel.
Some plus points:
1) Good location - close to bus station, close to city centre
2) Good price
3) Clean rooms
4) Comfortable beds

Some negative points:
1) Top of a hill, a few dozen steps or ramp up to it.
2) Cold at night- blankets didn't seem to help (probably not an issue during summer)
3) Noisy - the balcony door didn't do a good job of blocking out the noise. Scooters seemed very loud when going up the alley below.

Overall we weren't expecting much due to the price and 2* rating, but we were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank quinnray
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2009

The man on reception was friendly and kind to us, and this was the best part of our stay here. We spoke in Spanish, but he could speak some English too. The hotel is conveniently located near the bus station which connects you to other parts of the island and the airport, which is why we chose it. However, the hotel is about a 20 minute walk from the centre of Puerto Cruz. The hotel is also on a steep hill, and there are 100 or so steps to walk up, but there is a ramp to pull a suitcase. The rooms are quite small, and could be improved if some of the old dark wooden furniture was removed. The bathroom was updated and clean, but the gigantic cockroach in the bath turned me off so I just brushed my teeth and got out of there. Breakfast was advertised, but we were told in the morning there was none available. The hotel wasn't expensive, but I have stayed in cheaper places that were of better quality.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple